Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sunday, August 23: Shady Side to Towson and Home

Well, we all got up pretty late. I got up around 11 o'clock because I could not get comfortable last night at all. Either was too cold and weird
A Good Cuppa Coffee
dreams or my body was really stiff. So were eating at a restaurant
Driftwood Diner Menu
called something. I have a large OJ & coffee. For the food I ordered a 12 pack of three pancakes. I love
pancakes. Google maps estimates that my trip to the rental car will take two hours and 41 minutes. It is more cloudy today than the last couple days but it's pretty nice
My Breakfast
anyhow. We came home and I took a nap for about an hour. That felt great. We are leaving at 3:45, So I guess I will get a small fine for my car rental. Its gonna cost $170 anyway with the prepaid fuel, insurance
Driving Back After Breakfast
and taxes piling on. Well I headed up the hour and 15 minutes to talk to Michael's house. I got there five or
Today's View from the Cottage
6 PM which is what Google maps anticipated. Wes went with the Garman GPS and ended up downtown
Relaxing to the End
 Baltimore. I got there about 15 minutes before Wednesday. Mike treated me to leftover couscous and
Heading to Towson & Mikes House
some ice tea and we hung out with Mike Anna and Mary. Weather was delightful and so was the company.
It's been a long time since I've been down here to visit. Mike and Mary had some leftovers from a large get together they had. It's now 6:49 PM
Mary
I'm going to head out which
Mike's Family

means I'm going to get there at 8:49 PM as long as the I-95 doesn't turn into a cluster F**K!!
On Mike's Porch
Well the trip up 95 was very smooth. There are only two slowdowns one near the Delaware border and I-95 I-295 and the area Winchester. Wes is
On the Beltway
about 45 minutes behind me and he's going straight
home. I got to the thrifty Rent-A-Car place and then paid 585 to take over to the station here.
The Susquehanna River in MD
'm at the Eastwick station on the SEPTA  airport line. Instead of walking 22 minutes from the car place I took a $5.95 ride to Eastwick.  I'm going to catch the train to Center City and take the 48 home. That is my

Paying the $8 Toll

Nice Sunset

On the Road

overriding goal . It was quite an old dribble trip and it was nice that the ride home was very smooth.I didn't stop in any of the rest stop thinking it would just kill time for no apparent reason
That Shady Side is a beautiful little place. Wes and I talked and we're
Returning My Rental Car
definitely going to make a point
The Airport Line
of going there before October and then it gets very cold outside. I'm looking forward to seeing Sharon

No comments: