Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Sunday, August 2: Centralia TC and Home

Tina's Place
I decided to blow off waking up at 7 AM and just driving to the barn on meeting. I then went to
Used by Son
Centralia Pennsylvania. This is  where the anthracite coal has been burning underground since 1962
Small Town Pa
the town was closed off in the 80s and we're walking on a place called the graffiti highway which was the
Grafitti Highway
old route 61 which they had to close to the burning fire so they have a whole bunch of graffiti here.
Grafitti Highway
it's really a trip. So, I attempted to
contact TC and then she called me back. I realized her place is about an hour and 15 minutes due east of where I was staying. She said I was welcome to visit so I left Tina and her son and

Centralia Pa off of Route 61
Centralia Pa

truck on down to interstate 81 and 80. Google maps estimated I'll be there at 2:50 PM I got there
Ukrainian Catholic Church
around 2:53 PM. I'm at TC and down at the lovely home. I was left at the place in 1991 when I took my in between jobs road trip back in 1991
Ukrainian Cemetery
Well we all shared some pizza and talked about the old days
On the Road
in the present. She seems to be doing pretty well. It was good to see her. I realized it was 5:30 PM and felt I had to get going to make it just text me to meet Larry and
Tina and Son
Veronica. I then drove towards the PA Turnpike
Going on I-81
to the Lansdale exit. I ended up going trooper Road then towards the Schuylkill
Add caption
expressway. I managed to make it in time to meet Larry and Veronica. We hung out and then went to the
Darrel and TC
meeting which was not nearly as crowded as usual. By then just came home that we have waited with Sharon told her my decisions
Racking Up the Mileage
and went to bed. The breaker box it runs down here conditioning
Almost Home
keep popping that she is going to check now. It was fun to do a road trip and a fun little Fiat. It's been
Heading Towards Center City
a while since I went to that part of the world. It was also very expensive weekend between spending in
Add caption
Wildwood etc. and bring the car back 2 days late. So when's a very eventful weekend to commemorate
Add caption
summertime I hope I can find my own way

No comments: