Monday, August 29, 2022

Monday, August 29: Rude Awakening and Cleveland


I woke up this morning to the sound of road construction. It was rattling starting somewhere around 8 AM. It was a real hot mess. So I 

just got up I did some texting talk to couple people on the phone and I decided I’d rent a car. It was somewhere around $27-$30 a day so I figured what the hell. This is after I looked at taking

 Amtrak to Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Burlington, Providence, I really want to go to Burlington pate before bus ride 

so I was like well maybe I’m practicing it and I looked at the rentals and mostly a decent fare somewhere in the high $40 a day range and I found one for $30 today. It’s a midsize but whatever. The

 first step in this 8 1/2 hour tour is taking the 68 to the rental place which is a bit slow but I didn’t Rent-A-Car to 130. Well it ended up that the Google maps took me to the wrong location. I had to call Uber because

 I was 20 minutes excuse me 26 walking minutes away from where I’m supposed to be at. It was really frustrating because it was hot as hell and I wanted to get going. I 
picked up my car and Came home and quickly packed and I thought I was sad but then I talked on the phone for a while and realized I forgot my charging cord so I had to go

back anyway to get my charging cord that was a bit frustrating so I didn’t leave for Cleveland until 3:30 PM. Once I got going the trip 

was pretty smooth. It was the beginning of rush-hour but there was no awful traffic jams. I stopped at the last rest stop on the turnpike
 and all the little fast food places were closing because it was almost 8 PM. I just got a Pepsi and some Fritos but I had yogurt and leftover Indian food to eat plus some drinks. Right after I left that rest stop it started drizzling

 rain often on all the way from Pittsburgh area to Cleveland. I arrived in Cleveland around 10:45 PM. It’s a bit confusing getting into Cleveland because the roads keep dividing into different interstates like 
interstate 71, interstate 480 and interstate 90 all merged together. When I arrived I met the dogs which were really cute they have 2 dogs and 2 cats 

and the very nice pets. I met Pam’s husband and we all hung out and shut the shit about politics and 

then it was midnight and it’s time to go to bed. Went to bed I talked on the phone and went to sleep.

No comments: