Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Tuesday, August 30: First Day in Cleveland Ohio

Well I was awakened at 8:00 AM this morning to move my 

car from the meter to a parking lot. My friend Pam helped me out and we went around looking for a least expensive yet safe parking lot/garage. We did finally set find someplace
 that’s $12 bucks a day. That’s not too bad. Most of the parking lots around here are not manned so you have to pay through with it with an app or something. This one we found at least had someone in a booth. It seems to be the most popular of all the parking lot. There are a ton of parking lot here in Cleveland

. Her place is right in the middle of downtown so I could actually walk to the rock ‘n’ roll Hall of Fame go to the public library, and see the museum. After we 

found a parking lot Pam gave me a tour of the area near the Cuyahoga River. She gave
me some history and it was very informative. She then had to go to physical therapy for shoulder and her husband Walter had to go to work. I ate breakfast and hung out with the cute animals. She’ll be coming back around 1115 to work at home

and then I’m going to be gallivanting through Cleveland. Hopefully the rain will stay at bay. It’s supposed to be nicer tomorrow. The rain stopped

 and I looked at the weather forecast and speak band the clouds is leaving us and now hitting Buffalo it will eventually 

hit Philly around 8 o’clock. I’m going to be going on a grand tour of Cleveland. It’s only 70° and overcast so it’s pretty cool outside. It’s already 85 in Philly so 

it’s quite a contrast in temperature. First stop was the Cleveland Public Library. I went to the old building and it’s quite the structure. I Saul a 

chess exhibit a WPA exhibit and a superman exhibit. I didn’t know this but the

 creator of Superman was from Cleveland. So superman was created

 in Cleveland. I think that’s a little known fact. And 1 o’clock next  to get something to eat  Citizen Pie Roman Café o I went to this pizza place. It was a little weird 

because it didn’t have much choice and soft drinks at all. It was pretty empty it was a long  expensive  boulevard I went to the fifth Street arcades. 

They are enclosed mini malls in all buildings. I think that’s a Cleveland thing I’ve never heard of a store thing called 
arcades but they’re pretty cool. I chilled out and then I decided to walk to 16 minutes to the rock ‘n’ roll hall fame and pay the $35 admission  
fee if you’re interesting architectural building I’ve got a big atrium you can see Lake Erie and a huge iron ore boat right outside. Is there a nice day to go here 

because the sun is out and all that. But they have like little body little guards 

guarding everywhere that’s one thing I didn’t like about this place. Well Wes asked
me to find Dylan exhibit but I couldn’t find it because I think it was on the fifth or six floor and I didn’t have time to go up there. 

They shut down the place too fast. After I went there I walked back to the apartment I was thinking of going to the special supermarket but I went to a CVS and it 

was the lamest CVS when it comes to call drinks etc. I did find a super coffee it was mocha but beggars couldn’t be choosers cell I came back.  Pam took me to 

one of the arcades that I didn’t go to. It was a Tacular. I mean this building is so cool it houses 

little stores inside it which in arcade is here in Cleveland, and it has hotel

 rooms inside the building. I put it up on Facebook and one woman said she 

went to a wedding there. I could see being a great place to hold her wedding

 and then the rooms are right there. I’m sure it’s a cheap to stay there. But architecturally it was absolutely stunning Pam was absolutely correct. We got back to our 

apartment her and her husband decided that they would go to a favorite restaurant of theirs. Who’s an informal casual place that served up you know burgers and wings
and other things like that. That an outdoor section thank God cause it was pretty crowded inside. Mind you it’s but Tuesday night. I got the boneless chicken wings and 

then I ordered a mac & cheese that was recommended.  The restaurant was
 very good and the dude serving us was very mellow. He said he had lived in Philly 

about 20 some years ago. And he liked Philadelphia. We hung out 

there for a while and then we came back to their apartment and watched an old 

Saturday night live from 1976 with  Jimmy Cliff  who sings the  song the harder they come.  It was a good day. 
Pam did tell Wes that Cleveland has really good weather this time of year and she was actually correct. The weather is actually perfect even a 

Californian would be envious because of the nice freezing 45% humidity. I suppose it’s high for San Diego but
it’s pretty damn comfortable. Tomorrow I’m gonna figure out further and see Cleveland Museum of Art and go down Euclid towards 

case western university and Cleveland State University areas. There’s a bus called the health line that runs 

right in the middle of the street and takes you right down Euclid it’s only five dollars for and all day pass. I think I’m gonna be leaving

 Thursday early afternoon just so I don’t have to rush back and I don’t feel like driving in the middle of 
the evening because that makes it harder to drive.

No comments: