Thursday, August 04, 2022

Thursday August 4: Caregiving Begins Day 1


Good morning. I got up around 8 o’clock in the morning here in Ardmore Pennsylvania. Covid really has messed up my sleeping 
pattern other than that I’m OK so far Lynne is giving me last minute 

instructions. Speaking of instructions the directions to this place and where to 

park we’re all screwy. They had us park in a parking lot a block 



away I think they’ve moved the surgery center since the pamphlet was given out. So 

we got here a little late but they admitted her in the peanut 🥜 gallery 

has been speaking. I didn’t sleep very well again hopefully I can catch one of my world famous naps so I 

don’t feel like crap all day. It’s going to be 98° today it is now 10:11 AM. 
Well, we did a lot of  waiting. The anesthesiologist nurse just came by and answered a 
lot of questions. Because I didn’t sleep so well I had a bit of nausea before she had her operation. They finally took her away to be operated

on around noon. And they started Dee the operation around 130 and they just finished around 3:15 PM. I went to the lunch room between one and 230 and ate a big container of soup which was delicious. It looks big 

but I ate the whole thing and it settled well in my stomach. I was very relieved for that. After lunch I went back to the waiting room and I talked

 to Lynne‘s friend Ami and I just sat in an area the waiting room and I was able to just took my head back in catch a cat nap before the doctor came out and talk to me and showed me pictures of her operation. I neglected to 

take pictures of the x-ray I should’ve but I was didn’t think of it. So 3:32 PM I’m just chilling 

in this restroom pretty tired but hanging in there. Well I got to see Lynne around 5 PM. She’s trying to get some issue revive by putting immobilizer with the ice machine instead of what they put on her. I found out the little store I had lunch was closed but the cafeteria still open so I went there and I’m going to get something for Lynne. It’s now 5:24 PM thank God I took this little nap and that the food I ate settled. Operation was a success. It’s at 6:35 and I just picked up the car from the parking lot which was 28 bucks but there was nobody in there so that was good. I’ll be taking her home hopefully they pick out everything on her so she’s ready to go. Here’s the next phase of the caregiving starting now 

No comments: