Thursday, July 28, 2016

Wednesday July 27: A Day Off. Art and I Attend the Democratic National Convention

 
24th Street  at 10am
Happy hump day off from work for me. If another series of hot days in the long hot summer of 2016. I was
Demolition Site on Fairmount Ave
going to go to sunrise and I decided to myself I needed some sleep. So I got up around 9 AM did the

A  News Reporter for DNC
breakfast thing took in the garbage can. The recycling is still not picked up yet. Well I'm off from I am
Photo Lounge
outside the convention hall I'm now working on trying to meet my friend Frey can get in the place
19th and Chestnut
the security of unbelievable here. I needed credential just to be able to stand outside the stadium got

Add caption

out of the house and I'm gonna head downtown to buy some items so I can enter my artwork.
It's still pretty hot out here at the 10:39 AM. I'm hoping with a little luck I can get a pass inside the convention hall
John Who Hooked Me up for DNC
 If I am not successful  I got enough to do here I just stopped at the photo lounge and they
My Security Pass
had my pictures ready as I showed up. I also Saul a private party and I hope you don't get to walk by.
Yay!
I'm gonna try to appointment if at all possible. So I can have an upgrade to go to the convention.
I Got Frames Here
My friend John has a hook up. I'm about to meet someone from Indian tribe underneath the tent
Some of My Photos to Choose
want to get let in. then wandered around the bed and finally went to Blick & bought 2
At Starbucks


frames. I also got hanging wire and hangers. I'm  downtown at 16th and Walnut at Starbucks
charging my phone and framing 2 photos I am just winging it right now in this incredible heat. I framed them and I'm going to enter
 both in the gallery for a juried show. The deadline is today and
Open Call for Juried Show
 
Today's News
of course I waited till today. 🙄😜Whether they are accepted is not up to me. Well I found out I

Leaving for Broad St Line
didn't need my photo framed I just need to send JPEG. I got bit instructions and send them over. I
Broad St Line
 got to talk to the art director at the Da Vinci  thank goodness. I then went to my  appointment early
Entrance to Convention
and then put the Broad Street line down to AT&T station. I am outside the convention hall I'm now
Press Pool

working on trying to meet my friend John can get in the place the security of unbelievable here. I
Fox News Host
needed credential just to be able to stand outside the  Wells Fargo Center. Well I did manage to get a ticket
In My Seat w/ Ticket
in the general mission section. And I climbed up in the nosebleeds and got it. I think Jesse Jackson
My Section
and now they have mayor of Flint Michigan it is 6:20 PM I'm going to turn off my phone so I have battery time
New Zealand Reporter
left. I have 29% battery. Well it's 7:17 PM I decided to hit the men's room and look for an outlet to charge my phone. I'm now up to 47% I'm probably going to hang here till about eight and then go back
Sitting On Floor Charging Phone
 
 
Jerry Bown
on my feet. I could buy I got back to my seat and saw various speakers. I saw Leon Panetta, Gabby 
Feeling the Sprit  
Giffords, and a few other people I can't name. The heavy hitters came next. I saw Joe Biden and we were given
Gabby Giffords
signs  that said  "Joe"on them. He was excellent. Next was Tim Kane.He is  a Senator from Virginia 
Lenny Kravitz
and the Vice Presidential  nominee. He made fun of trumps famous statement that he says all the 
My Vies
time "trust me". But the star the evening with President Obama. He spoke about his time in office and
Gabby Giffards
how he trusts Hilary and that people in the audience lifted him up when you lifting any hope that he lifted 
Listening to Joe Biden
us up as well. I got all kinds of signs that they give you for each of the main speakers. I decided
President Obama
that I would take two from the work when I go in tomorrow. Going home was pretty smooth. I charged my
Cheering for President Obama
phone and talk to 2 young ladies. There also talking to phone you get home. They were from Washington
DC. And we all got our phones charged over 20% on our phones, we all went our way I got the Broad 
Leaving
Street Line non-stop to
 City Hall. After got off the train. We will all went up to broaden Juniper Street. I
Posing for a Photo
then walked to JFK Boulevard. I I managed to catch the 32 bus just in time. I went to the
minimart on Fairmount Avenue and got two bananas and two drinks so I'll have some food in my stomach
Exiting towards Street
before I got home I ended up getting home around 1 AM. It was a very enjoyable experience
On the 32 Bus Home
being at the convention. Also, taking the day off enabled me to take care some business and get some sleep.

No comments: