Saturday, May 17, 2014

May 17: Ontario and Roundup

Since it was kind of cold in my room I woke up and I saw the most beautiful sunrise seen in many many years. I took a bunch pictures
The Cottage I woke up to.
I posted on Facebook while I can still have Internet access. I'm hoping to find a good breakfast place was good coffee I got whatever 70 some kilometers to the ferry. It's now 6:06 AM. Have a great day.
Well, I arrived at Tobermory
in plenty of time to eat at a nice little diner right next to the ferry. Old-fashioned breakfast was consumed. It was sausage toast and hashbrowns Yum!! Oh and  the coffee was what the doctor ordered. The ferry leaves at 8:50
A Nice View
AM. It was $52 each way. There are two places left as of today at Little Current which is on the northern part ofManitoulin Island. That's where the round is.
Coffee Before Ferry
What I said on the doing is staying here for the day and take the last ferry out. Of course I'll see if I can try to crash with somebody from some cash and leave on the first ferry tomorrow.
The Ferry to Tobermory
The ferry leaves at 8:50 AM and arrives around 1230. Looks like a 3 1/2 hour ferry ride. It's a nice sunny cool day here in Tobermory Ontario.
Entering Ferry
I caught the ferry and it was very pretty took about almost 2 hours to get there. Another nice man from Ontario somewhere
A View from Ferry
Ontario think Phil and we hung out and he told me that Tim Horton's was found in Hamilton Ontario not Buffalo like I thought. I then drove the 65 km from the ferry to little current
Cruising on Manitoulin Island
which is north east part of the medical and Island. I went to the center and immediately ran into some guys from Philadelphia. It was really cool they were very surprised I just showed up. I even got a place to stay for $35!
Add caption
 I now eating anchor restaurant and enjoying my time it is now 1:12 PM  got really lucky that ran into them so quickly so I'm not going to be wandering lost. I'm not sure how long I'll stay but I think I'll end up renting an extra day from the rental. Well I got to eat lunch and signout since I'm trying to avoid the roaming 
The Philly Crew
charges. It's a good lesson for me being without the Internet. I think everybody knows me agrees with that.
After lunch I went to see the cottage that I'll be staying overnight
It's very cozy & homey as soon as I hit that bed I took a nice nap. I got to see some sites the island such as these cool falls and and I was told that there's that last year was barely
Woman w/ Australian Border Collie
trickling this time l next went to other little points of interest. One of them was the Kagawong Bridal Veil Falls. They were breathtaking! I was told last year it was just a trickle of water. Guess there was plenty of snow here 
What Beautiful Falls
 it's now 7:18 and we did all this touring after 2pm. Went to the chocolate candy
Kagawong Falls!!
store Saul a woman show this cool looking Australian Border Collie. And then I came back took a short nap and they we got ready for the banquet
At the Round up
and the food was very good and now the next thing is the sobriety countdown and then the speaker at 8 PM. The plan is is to leave tomorrow
Canadian $$$
after the final meeting which should be around 11 o'clock. That's when my other friends from Philadelphia plan to be departing. They are
Near the Cottage where I Will Sleep Tonight
driving to Sunberry and taking a plane from somebody trying to Toronto to Newark international.  Now we are having the featured speaker
This is AFTER 9pm
for tonight's banquet and it's a fellow from Philadelphia. This is pretty exciting he's he's a real good guy. This recreation center has Wi-Fi so I am doing my correction to this blog in the Curling Club Lounge. Its near the dance but separate and just the place for a geek
A Good Place to Blog!
blogger to hide his handiwork and not look anti-social. And it just shows that I'm really in the thick of Canada. I don't think many of you have hung out
Outside the Round Up
in a hurling club lounge. Well I approve of them thank you!! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're having a great trip to Canada. Last time I was in eastern Canada I had to be like 12-13 years old. A lllooonnnggg time ago!!! In '82-83 when I was stationed in Washington, me and my army buddies took the ferry to Victoria, B.C. Brought our sleeping bags and slept in a park overnight. Continue having fun and see you when you get back