Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday, May 23: Trippin Down Memory Lane

I just wanted to sleep in and play with Facebook. And I found this Facebook site that was digging up old stuff. Of course most of these  memories go back
Creating at My Buffalo Office
it's from the 70s. A decade it was bad on fashion but it was over 40 years ago. You know that makes me feel. Wow!
Somebody put on Ultraman.  and then Jim Croce and this wonderful tune " I've Got a Name".    Any memory of 1978 is incomplete without mentioning
No Longer a Vergin Passport
 Sweet's.    "Love is Like Oxygen."  This is part of my vacation just being able to indulge back in the day. It I like to present the lease bring back really visceral memories
. Let's not forget the best car my father ever owned. It was a canary yellow Olds 442.  Now that was a car! Still another song from that coming of age year of 1978 that I will mention is this song from  Jefferson Starship's   
"Runaway" and I would be  remiss if I did not mention Patti Smith's "Because the Night".   
I remember seeing a movie called "The ast Days of Disco." I actually liked that movie and I got the like this song by Chic called "Good Times".    This is from
1979. This riff was made even more famous by Sugar Hill gang's "Rappers Delight".  This is the LONG version with the lyrics. Check it out cause it will put a smile on your face!! 
Add caption
So will this from The Sugarhill Gang!! You all remember this. I KNOW you Do! 
Well, got to walk my friend's dog now! Well finished with the dog and I'm out now and the temperature is 52° at the end of May. Then again I am in Buffalo not in Philly at this point. I
decided to take a stroll after taking a quick cab ride and I Foulds found some sites that are kind of hidden. You wouldn't know you're close to an airport. I put the picture with me next to sign on Facebook. A Facebook friend of mine gave me a link to this organization   Before I leave I'll check it out!
Well I decided to hit an establishment and had a pretty good Turkey sandwich
Yummy Turkey Sandwich
which was pretty tasty and I left and fortunately it's not raining yet. Period it does feel like it's a little misty out here and it's chilly.
Behind the Buffalo Airport!
On my iPhone it's 52°. I just looked at Millville it's 73 according to my iPhone as of 6:48 PM. Well I called the 24 bus and it's 7:11 PM and it's misty out now. When I arrive in Philly at. 7am  the
A Familliar Sight here in Buffalo
temperature will be 61°. Will for dinner I had chicken wing soup it was very filling and he would know it's big and Buffalo to the fact that buffalo

home spicy chicken wings. They are the most delicious things delicious wings! Well, I got to go real soon. I did get packed and Kerry is going to take to the bus station for my 10:35 Megabus trip to Philadelphia. Well it's 10:28 PM I've a feeling this mega bus
is going to be late because they loaded a lot of people in Toronto. It is 10:49 PM and the bus just showed up and we are waiting to be let in. I just got one my Philly sports alerts that the Phillies were held to 3 hits and lost 2- 
Waiting for the Late Megabus
0 to the LA Dodgers. It's going be a long season of not hitting again.  It is now 11:08 PM we are just disembark from Buffalo. We are 30 minutes late and counting. Well at least we are moving!! Well, its almost 11:45pm. I think I want to try to nap soon. It might be time to quit blagging for this day. I am pretty tired and thursty. I am thirsty since the vending mechine stole my money and I just gave up attempting to get myself a soft drink. Good night. I will start writing about tomorrow May 24th wben we hit a rest stop. This will not be for several hours from now.

No comments: