Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday, May 18: Leaving Manitoulin

7am in Front of the Cabin
Well I woke up in the cabin with other Philly folks. That bed in the cabin was so comfortable I could've slept till noon We had a delicious
Breakfast
homemade breakfast and enjoying a beautiful morning. We went to 10 mile point and saw this beautiful view of the of the bay. So we have one last meeting and then it
10 Mile Point at Manitoulin Island
ends at 11:30 AM. At this point we drive north on Route 62 so would bury my friends catch a plane from Sudberry to Toronto and then Toronto to Newark New Jersey and I drive south on Route 69. This will take me towards Toronto. On the way towards Toronto,
Native Store at 10 Mile Point
I'm going to go to Bobby Orr's birthplace Parry sound Ontario. I am told  it's beautiful there by others who have seen it. I drove about 150 miles on Route 17 and Route 69 South to Perry Sound. I am eating
at a place in Perry Sound called Boston Pizza. I had a most tasty Pizza Taco and the spicy cut potatoes. The drive was fairly scenic but not as scenic is the way up on the ferry.
It is 3:54. I took approximately an hour just walking around this very point town and eating this scrumptious pizza taco. I amnow watching Stanley Cup playoffs LA versus Chicago
western finals and Chicago's winning 1-0. It's a nice day to look at this quaint little town I'm at the harbor area.
The ride home go pretty crappy especially the last 3 hours. I took
the wrong way on one of the roads near Toronto  and drove 60 miles out of my way! I was heading towards Kingston Ontario. It wouldn't have happened if I could've used my Google maps like I do when USA. AT&T
just sucks with the roaming even in a civilized country like Canada
After that, I got to the US border and drove past the STOP sign while I was waiting. The woman
looked at me like I was crazy. I was asked to leave the car and had 6 officers surrounding my rental car. They asked me a
bunch of questions to me. asked if I was on drugs , why I  was up there in Canada, AND if
I took recreational or prescribed drugs. They made me wait about a half hour while they checked my car. 
Since I was so worn out, my anxiety
kicked up and that's probably what caused me to act nervous and arouse suspicion with the border  guards.
 So it took about two and half hours LONGER  to get home.
Overall very good trip but I'm really very tired and I'm going to bed now. Next time I tricked trip anywhere near that long I'm riding with somebody to ride with me

No comments: