Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Weds. October 29: I-8 to Jacumba CA

Good morning East coasters West coasters and table coasters. I first went over to La Mesa
Condo Association-Land
to pick up Alice's friend Renée. Her place is  is condos where you can not change the color of your house without condo association approval. That is bogus!
Renee's Pup
It's easy to tell since all the house at the same exact color. Today I went with Renée to Jacumba
I-8 East Towards the Desert
California to their spa. For $25 you can going to swimming pool Jacuzzi sauna and stay all day. We're
Driving the Rental Car
out in the desert and it's the only place nearby.. It's pretty desolate here you know desert and all that
The View Along Interstate 8.
. It was about a 45 to 50 minute drive on the interstate to get here. Amazing enough I could 
Yup, They Have Them Here
see the the border fence between Mexico and United States. It was funny AT&T said welcome abroad.
The Mountains
We're only reason I have Internet access because they have free Wi-Fi otherwise AT&T was not providing
Quite a Route
any service. So I'm probably not getting any text messages while I'm here. The pool was a little chilly 
The Spa
but the sun was really nice. The water comes up from a sulfur Springs so it has a funky little smell to it
The Sulphur Spring
but it feels really nice. We're now having some drinks to cool us off. It's now 12:20 PM. We chilled out in the pool and then we went to the warm soothing sauna for about  a half hour.
Lunch
Next we decided to
Nice Waitress
have some lunch at the restaurant that's at the spa. I had a breakfast Burrito for $5 and it was really
Lovin the Sunshine
good it was a cheap date. Then the nice young waitress told us about this place called the Desert View Tower. Well this place IS out of this World!! I've never seen
The Border Fence with Mexico
anything like this in person in my life. On a clear Day
A Rocky Road Ahead. Quite the Sight
you can see the superstition Mountains better 300 miles away in Apache Junction Arizona. It's
Go Left to the Desert View Tower
hard to believe with dinner ready early settlers had to do to survive in this rocky terrain that is hard to
We are Here
fathom for for yours truly who is never seen anything like this in his life. It is it once beautiful yet for
The Desert View Tower
bidding far out yet scary. The owners of this place has about four dogs in there the most tagged out
The Entrance 
mellowed out dogs ever. There's not much Wayne of light pollution or noise pollution here except
The Owner of the Tower
for the swishing sounds of cars on the interstate. That's interstate I-8 that is.

Mellow Dogs
The Art and Gift Shop
back Sunday morning at 2 AM. So I'm glad I'm getting rid this cold because I'm in for a shock when
The View Atop Desert View Tower
I get back east Friday night. 
Well it's 5:37 PM we just drove back almost 80 miles east of
The Housing Near the Tower
San Diego and I'm in La Mesa and I'm going to drive back towards San Diego and then check other
Bolder Park
things out for little while while the sun still out. Well I ended up sorting out my photos while sitting in
Welcome One and All
La Mesa sitting in her driveway. I'm trying to put as many pictures as I can on this blog because there's so much that I saw. It was a good day and I think I got some sun as well. I am glad I had
How Far I was From Apache Junction
the opportunity to see this landscape. I have seen it in photos BUT to see and feel it in front of me
More Rugged Territory
was an experience to remember!! I hope I will return one day with a friend to share the experience. If I can't, or life doesn't grant me the opportunity
I Just Saw a Face
and etc, I could very well make plans to move out here in the West Coast. My Sister would like me to move in with her but I am committing to
Border Patrol!!
anything that forehead. Seven years is a virtual lifetime! I talked to my friend Amy and she says it every 7 years a major change happens.
Cool!!
well according to my calculations the next major change according to the seven year rule, would
Art for Sale
be the year 2018. Well I cannot retire with full benefits of the year 2021. This means anything could happen though I think I will end up staying
An REM Video from the 90's
in the East Coast since I have familiarity friends there. And the star over in the late 50s doesn't sound that plausible
I Can See for Miles and Miles
to me at this time as of October 30, 2014. Well tomorrow is my last full day and  I hope to get as much nice weather as possible. There is NO mischief night out here so it should  be safe. I will return the rental car tomorrow and hang with Alice tomorrow. We can talk about family stuff and junk.!

No comments: