Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thursday, October 16: Richmond to Memphis

ICThe
Richmond Greyhound Station
Good morning all you folks. I landed in Richmond at 4 AM. Lawn order was playing on the large TV above our heads. There was also a  A brain-dead sort of
5am Waiting for the 5:30 Bus
old man walking around and freezing and staring at people. I met an art student Marrin. (Yes as in Marin County California
Odd Old Man in Richmond
who goes to school @ Virginia Commonwealth University. Her father is a professor there. & her
Free Food Sign-In
mother is a black belt who shorter than this woman Who is 5' 1" it is now 5:37 AM. This bus should be departing by 5:55 AM. Its expected
to be at Roanoke by 9:30 and continue through Virginia and by this evening I will be an hour rest stop in Memphis Tennessee. The
This is the End of the 2nd Leg
Richmond stop was outskirts so I couldn't see any of the real town plus it was dark. I think I ate the worst breakfast sandwich ever it was

The Bus to Texas
horrible. It was a sausage egg and cheese so please pray for me. And I just had some Upstate Farms yogurt which is also kind of bogus. So so I've become a hard and traveler now. Looking forward
Charlottesville Va
Young Love at Univ of Virginia 
to the sunrise so I can actually see stuff and take pictures. Here is the schedule illustrated on the Greyhound website. 7 AM and we are 
  It is 1:04 PM we are just leaving the Marion Virginia greyhound stop. There so we just left. Our next stop will be in an hour and that will be the small town
of Charlottesville Virginia. I am reminded that it
is the home of the University of Virginia. Greg LaBlanc taught classes there. That school is a pretty elite place from what I hear.  I'm pretty tired but the morning is upon us I got to take a couple little pictures from here it looks
Early Morning Fog

like they're building some huge building here in River need downtown street here and it's fairly busy must be the rush-hour. It is NOW about 8:12 AM we awoke at Lynchburg Virginia sky is beautiful here and learn in this store downtown and it looks pretty cute here.

Sunrise in Lynchburg Va
  
The Bus Stop in Lynchburg
It is 9:43 AM we are in Roanoke Virginia bus station. I finally got to go to the restroom since the
Bus Station
restroom in the bus is locked you can't get in it. We shall be leaving probably by 10 AM. The bus driver supposedly headed out these
Roanoke Va
passes the people but you never gave one to me.  I didn't get a hard way to go to get back on the
bus which is cool. The driver carried around a stick which he used to check tires with.. It's pretty
Roanoke Va
and less humid then when I left Philadelphia. Well we boarded the bus and we're back on the highway it is 10:18 AM. We are rolling along I-81.
On the Road
I just bought Simon and Garfunkel's greatest hits and the first album by the Stone roses.
I-81 in Virginia
I love the first song called "I want to be adored" so we're back in the fall foliage with some
Rolling Along
drizzle along I 81. It's a very pretty drive reef past Blacksburg in on the map I can see that were north
My Location at 11:04 am
of Winston-Salem North Carolina. That's pretty cool to see my location change!    It is 1:04 PM we are just
leaving the
Marion Virginia Greyhound stop. We're back on I-81 getting ready to arrive at Marion Tennessee. It 
s been a mostly cloudy afternoon along I-81 the Fall foliage is in full 

swing which is really cool. As of now 1:25 PM we are 27 miles away from
I-81 Near Tennessee
Bristol Tennessee. I'm gonna take another nap and see if the weathers like in about an hour. We are approaching minutes you and the speed limit is 70 on this stretch of highway. We just entered the Bristol Tennessee. It has been a public restroom and as
you've been told for this bus doesn't have an accessible toilet. And I'm having my Mac café still. I just noticed 
the Tennessee state flag has a pretty cool design. I'm not talking to my friend Sandee that I know on
At Bristol TN Bus Stop
Facebook and she's saying that I am getting close to the smoky mountains we are approaching Kingsport Tennessee at this point. Minute really nice
The Direction I am Going
couple and spend as been to a lot of places from Boston to Dallas and places in between. It's still very cloudy but the rain has
Near Maron Virginia
stopped at this time. We just entered downtown Kingsport which looks like a nice town that it's seen better days. It looks nice on it looks
Add caption
quite run down here's a picture of the downtown area. It's just a drop off place nobody gets out and get black requested a bathroom here. I have been on Facebook and Messinger staying. 
in touch and writing about this trip thus far. we just left Johnson City Tennessee and next town
is about 45 minutes away. It remains overcast I could hit the restroom and I'm going to take a nap very soon. We just left Moorestown
Tennessee in the next doctors Knoxville which will arrive at 5:50 PM Eastern time. It's something in western Tennessee the clocks changed to
Central Time. Morris town to look like a cute little town took a few pictures of it. It was just a pick up. I think we picked up one person.
The driver did warn us that the bus will get completely filled up by the time we get to Nashville. The hours of my own seat are numbered!!😰😡
It is 5:46 PM Eastern time I'm in Knoxville and I'm veteran fourth outside the bus depot to see if I can find
someplace yummy to eat and get a taste of Tennessee. When I did find some tasty place that makes
Jersey style pizza and I had four slices and they were very tasty!!😄👍. I listen to it renews station
and advertise southern rock. So while I was channeling, pizza sauce of listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd and Molly hatchet it definitely brought
me back to the 70s.. Also checked at a coffee shop danish and coffee. It was very nice and pleasant.
So when I came back to the bus depot grab the bag of chips and ate them down. Now I am sitting here ready for next destination
which will be natural. Sandy likes natural a lot. Fact will be going by her hometown of Jackson Tennessee
sometime later this evening. I have something sitting next me want to get to Nashville.
Once again I stay on the bus this particular bus that is, to look at the Dallas text. I think Knoxville with the coolest spot I managed to find
. The bus stop was in a nice location easily walkable to real places. It is now 7:11 PM early heading to little stuff for we hit Nashville.
Meanwhile a touch base on Facebook and the like why listen to the cars debut album.
We just dropped in Crossvile TN. There we all went to minimart and grab the snacks. I chatted with one
or two people including one woman Who smoking the group for the people. She was from Johnson City and she's moving to California was your
true self into bags that's about it. Interesting. I was 18 once. I wish her luck. I'm looking forward to getting to Nashville to see what it's
like. There's somewhat of a layover about an hour and hour and a half there. Larry asked me to say hi to Elvis for him. Well we ended up in
Nashville and the bus terminal was packed like a sardine can man! I did not get to see the bright lights of Nashville. Like it did with Knoxville
but I avoided the nasty bus food😄. Well left Nashville and it was a four hour ride. So ends Thursday. Tomorrow will start with Memphis and end in Midland Texas!

1 comment:

MoonDoggie said...

I like the photos of buildings.