Saturday, October 18, 2014

Saturday, October 18: El Paso to Apache Junction

At El Paso Texas
Good morning boys and girls it is now 2:43 AM Saturday, October 18 we are boarding the Los
El Paso Greyhound Station
Angeles brown bus for me to go to Mesa Arizona and to be picked up by Carl and go to Apache Junction Arizona. It's 245 and therefore the running
Facebook
already 10 minutes late. I'm gonna take a nap. Well I was napping but for some reason the overnight entering Mexico we had to put a patrol
A Scary Road
could be the bus and look at everybody's ID I will have a screenshot of the map we're driving
Add caption
down west on interstate 10 now. I am really tired and hopefully I will get back to sleep. I have asked the
Border Patrol on the Bus
border patrol why we needed reinspect and he said New Mexico New Mexico but no matter I had my ID. Alright it's 6:04 AM we just
Rest Stop
left little puny town in New Mexico have to look up its name. And the only thing there was a McDonald's
so I had to hashbrowns and OJ that were quite good.
I woke up at 6:15 630 in the morning
Stunning Sunrise
a.m. to unbelievable site of mountains in big sky's it's beautiful man. It's sitting there staring at them
The Mountains
the whole morning.I seen stuff like this in pictures but until actually physically it in the space I've never
been to such a place. It is now 7:27 AM mountain time and we are getting close to Tucson Arizona.
Add caption
We only get a 30 minute break there. I now see why it was worth it to lose my sleep and not be that
My Location at 7 am
comfortable overnight. Because waking up to some like that of out of nowhere is breathtaking to put it
Almost Done!
mildly. And I see why people move out here it's just so fast. It's like early sobriety but in another level. The
Phoenix
mine has to catch up what  my eyes have seen. Well I'm at the little bit more and we just left Casa Grande.
Add caption
The significance of that is I am 45 minutes from ending this bus trip. The Danish taste good
Nice Passenger at Casa Grande
and the coffee is tasting mighty yummy. Who cares why didn't get much sleep or I need a shower.
At Casa Grande
I'm going to make this trip and I'm gonna enjoy it, Will Carl pick me up at the makeshift Greyhound
Carl's Backyard
station and took me to his place. It was very well appointed very small but done very nicely. I didn't took
Add caption
a glorious shower and had some homemade chili to get me back into the real life. Carl then took
Carl Treated Me to Chilli
me to superstition Mountain which is the huge mountain right on the outskirts of Apache  Junction.
Carl's Studio
He took me on this Arizona route 88 which is kind of like the one on California's 101 which
Carl Driving Me from Bus Stop
is right on the coast of the Pacific ocean. There were some cool scenic vistas that were quite unbelievable.
Superstition Mountian
I like a fool, forgot to bring my phone charger so I had a dead battery at the most inopportune time.
Add caption
Fortunately at the the touristy thrift shop called blank I was able to get a charger and a car charger attachment
YIKES!!
. With an iPhone you can never have enough chargers. I'm so glad I have this phone don't have
Mining Cars
enough room just keep taking pictures till I drop. I Took so many pictures we have a hard time deciding which
Add caption
ones to keep and which ones to toss out and which ones to put on Facebook. The only bad news
This is Cool
the whole day is that I aggravated my foot issue by twisting it a little bit so now I have to walk with a
Add caption
little bit of a gimp and I'm not to do any hiking on Mount miss roads because my foot keeps turning.
 The Mountains
At least I'm not like completely gimped out for my trip. It's warm it was 94° but it was the most comfortable 
Elvis Returns
94° I've ever experienced.. It's that old cliché it's not the heat it's the humidity!

1 comment:

MoonDoggie said...

Good writing! The class is really kicked up. Way to go!!