Monday, January 02, 2017

Sunday, January 1, 2017: Mummers Parade w/ Larry and Veronica. Early dinner and Meeting

 After sleeping at Larry's I got up and Veronica made a delicious bacon and eggs. Unfortunately I couldn't drink the coffee with  creamer the powdered stuff I   ried it. Anyhow we watched the mummers parade  and it was pretty funny. During one of the performances Philly Jesus showed  up and was running around with an American flag.  It was a riot. yes certainly made his mark here in Philadelphia. I saw him once in person  at the Christmas village this past year. Well I went to the old city market and got a   ophomore and Gina and decided I would get some old city coffee. Larry called while leaving   nd I got him a coffee as well. We watched a lot more of the members and figure out what we might   e doing for the rest of the day.  We decided since it was so beautiful we watch the members in person.  So we took the 33 of us up is closest to City Hall before but Bus takes a detour thanks  at 11th St. when we got off the bus at 11 street and walked up to Chestnut I walk  straight to Broad Street. I want to go to Broad Street to find a place to get a nice   view of the members marching by. It was pretty packed that's for sure. Larry Veronica and I all took pictures and videos. I took a   whole bunch pictures over the day. I went across the street on the   ther side of Broad Street. I got some better angles because the sun   lare was not nearly as bad. I know making a lot of videos  as well. I'm gonna have to decide which ones are worth keeping and putting   n this blog. Some political stuff about the mayor Mayor Jim Kenny concerning the soda tax   t started as of today. There is one funky when it was a gay and lesbian one where they had people dressed up as Disney queens and other characters 
  rom various Disney cartoons. It was interesting. They   ad some banners that had sayings of empowerment and the like. Weathers beautiful   was 50° outside and sunshine. It was a   ood day to  watch the parade in person. I have not watch the mummers parade in person in quite some time. I can't even remember when. Well it was getting     on 2:30 PM and it was time to move on. Larry Veronica and I went to the   awa. It was packed but not horrible impact. They got coffee and I wanted to go   o the bathroom   ut the bathrooms already got trashed by some drunk people. There were two 
Wawa employees  guarding  the bathroom doors. I just thought of that. I need to  head home. I was thinking of taking the Broad Street line to Fairmount with the slide instead   o go get my phone charged. It was on 1% for a while and eventually  did run out. The team tease you have an chords but one dude did try to sell me a cord and I wasn't going to do that. I have enough   lready. I eventually went to the Apple store on Walnut and charge my   hone to about 15% or so. I sorted out some videos and made YouTube videos out   f two so far. Also sort it out some pictures. I think I must've taken about 261 photos in total. I went into the Apple Store and charged my  phone up. I walked to 22nd St. It was at that point my right foot was really sore and I  just needed to catch a bus quickly or just stay off it. The 3:16 PM seven bus showed up around  3:28 PM the next one was rated show up at 3:36 PM. I've been caught the 7 bus and got home. While home,   I got really hungry and chowed down on pasta and then went to the 19th and Chestnut after taking a nice nap. A little bit late but spokes and already opened up the door so I had to do was make the coffee.

No comments: