Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday, August 20: A Quick Trip to LBI

Well I got up early enough to make the 930 club house and that went pretty well.
 I was a little bit distracted my mind was racing a little bit but it was all right. I said hi to Mike and went on my merry way home. On the way home, I made 2  trips to
 CVS to buy 
 ome stuff that was on sale and then buy Sharon a couple things. 
 he's able to pay me back when you didn't come in handy later on in the day. 
  decided finally to commit to taking a road trip to Long Beach Island. I set my trip to start 1:00 PM  and then be back by 6 PM. The GPS took me do I 95 north to the top Coney 
 almyra Bridge and Route 73. From 73 I  went on route 70 and then 
 8 and a couple little roads before I got to route 72. After I got on route 72 I look 
 or mayor was halfway house and it was there like nothing had changed over
 the last 45 years. The place looks virtually identical. I decided to it again I decided to get a fountain soda and a chicken cheesesteak. Instead of 
 ating and I just took it as takeout so I can eat it later on the beach. I arrived 
 t Long Beach on around 2:45 PM. I just headed straight to WARD's 64th St. where the custard hut is located. I was fortunate enough to find a parking spot.
 Parking spots are few and far in between for sure. It was pretty crowded it 
 as in for vacation mode. Went up to the beach in the work wasn't as bad as
 last time I went. They replenished the beaches and it was a really a long hike to the beach a couple
 of years ago when I was there. Well it 
 as about 4 PM at so I did I needed to get the custard hut get changed get to eat the lights 
 hat too. Well there's too many damn kids I went straight to the bathroom dried 
 p changed and headed out. The trip was going to be 25 minutes longer back 
 hen it was going there. Traffic was busy but there were no 
 ORRIBLE traffic jams. I do extend my CarShare an extra half hour because there 
 s no way I was making it by six. If first said I was going to be 14 minutes late but I was more like 
 2 minutes late. It took me to the parkway south all the way to the 
 tlantic City Expressway up to the Ben Franklin Bridge. I got their
 heart the car came home and Sharon wanted to know if I want sushi but
 I had to leave for the meeting. I got myself some OJ and seltzer water and mix it into a

 container and that was very refreshing. I got here I ended up setting
 the chairs and making the coffee. The first people didn't show
 up till 745 and the meeting starts at eight. I went out to Saxbys got some
 ice coffee. Larry didn't show up because he was busy doin doing Brigantine. 
 ell the meeting to support me attended but it's pretty good anyway. Next time I will leave for the beach a lot sooner but it was nice getting out of town. 

No comments: