Sunday, September 11, 2016

Saturday, September 3: Road Trip to Coatesville. Hanging with Gwynne and Pat

Well, I woke up at 7 AM and we still blocked it so I decided I would sleep in till 8am. That was a good
Cosi at 30th Street Station
move if I fall a lot better. I was texting Meg back-and-forth and I to team up on my had to take a
This will be Replaced Soon
short road trip somewhere. So I showered shaved and got a Rent-A-Car.

I went to Expedia and
The Rental
reserved at 30th St. station. That was convenient because it's close to happy place and easy to get to West Philly from there. Well I decided at the
Ardmore
last minute on the holiday weekend, I got
EnteringCoatesville
myself a Nissan rogue. It's kind of a big car. It's great on the road and stuff but it's hard to park in
Road Trip
tight spots. Well I managed to get the car over to Meg's house and cricket road and found a parking space pretty early. We chilled out and drop repaired and then we
Riding the Lincoln Hwy
 headed out on Lancaster Avenue.
The Bell Tower
I decided taking route 30 a.k.a. the old Lincoln Highway as far as I felt like taking it. Well I ended up
Fuel Cafe in Coatesville
going towards Gap Pa and then turned around and decided to check out Coatesville. It had
Posing at the Cafe
some really nice cool buildings and I had some nice hills. This made it very attractive for me to
2nd Hand Store
photograph. We decided to park and stroll around downtown Coatesville. There we went to
Coatesville
a secondhand shop and enjoyed browsing around looking at what they had to offer. The proprietor
Heading Back Home
 was very pleasant and nice. We then found out that the same people also owned coffee shop
Ardmore
right next door called Fuel. We had a coffeecake and I had a coffee and we hung out and listen to
Cool Clouds
the proprietor talk to folks about I'll Coatesville is getting a little bit better. It was very pleasant.
West Philly
Afterwords we headed back towards Philadelphia and Ardmore. We took a pit stop back at her place
Sunset
and unwound and relaxed. Next we went to West Philadelphia to meet up with Pat and Gwynne around 7:15 PM.
Add caption
We hung out at Pat Witt and then we went to the Patiya Grill right on 40th St. It was a nice walk and
Add caption
the food was very tasty and reasonably priced.

No comments: