Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A critique on today's media


I got this post on three friend of mine and I thought it was worth sharing.
 
"I wish it were so easy,Mark Krull. We are in a "long-tail" moment of rampant decentralization in journalism. The digital age has created quite a bit of chaos, where individuals are building specialized personal brands and struggling to monetize them or are supported by media institutions dealing well with the digital chaos. One example is Matt Taiibi of Rolling Stone for finance news. But, he is useless for local political news. So, sadly, exactly when we need better information to meet the challenges of our times, we all have to work harder to find accurate, quality reporting by going to several different sources depending on the topic. This is in a nation struggling to vote once a year! That being said, I like Truthdig for national news. NPR, AlJazeera America & the BBC for global news. Locally, I read Troy Graham for city politics faithfully, Joe Destefano of PhillyDeals, Axis Philly, Philly Independent Media & City Paper's.http://www.truthdig.com/"

as I I hope you found this meaningful and share.

No comments: