Saturday, October 12, 2013

Travel day:: Ventura to Berkeley via US 101

Well we got in really late last night around 2 AM in Ventura Motel
The Motel 6
6. Well Alice read I just went straight to sleep and it was a good sleep! This morning I woke up about 8 o'clock stepped outside to a beautiful cool morning. I went out to get some travel toiletries and went by the Ventura highway and got my stuff they needed and then I got our hey good morning Diet Coke.
Hannah and I
I lost my plug to my  charging materials so this is going to be a little tricky. Check out is noon. I will charge my phone with my computer while Alice smokes and reads. We we ended
Ocean View from US 101
up deciding that we would go to McDonald's grab some food and chill in the hotel till we leave.Well we left Ventura and went
This road has nice views!
to Santa Barbara to Hannah's College University California Santa Barbara. We met her at the dorm and then
The Mission
went out to a restaurant. On the way to getting lunch,  we found the place in Santa Barbara called Ye Olde Deli and Thai Food. We laughed
Check this Place Out!!
ourbutts off. Check out the photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 It was such a hoot to see this name for a restaurant. Even Forbes Magazine had something to say about this place!! We could imagine some menu items that could be included. You know a reviewer might say the on a printed review.  "Yes, we had the
This Mission was inspiring!!
Hagis with the green curry and chips, Delicious!!
" We decided not to try the odd-named restaurant since Hannah was feeling pretty ill. We ate and talked for

awhile, then dropped her off. She was pretty sick so we kept the visit pretty short.  she said she enjoyed herself. We talked with mom and that went pretty good. We went back on the road. One of the rest stops we made was at the Mission San Miguel Arcangel. It was really beautiful building and site.The buildings used the old terra-cotta and there were well-designed arches and walls. The This is considered a national historic landmark as of 2006 from the National Park Service fortunately was not closed due to the government shutdown.
The Grounds of the Mission
inside of the chapel was a wonder to behold.
The Chapel
I have never been to one of these before..
The Entrance to the Mission
 I was told later by my sister that my Father took my Mother on a mission tour along the Pacific Coast back in the mid-sixties. This was an interesting thing to find out. After leaving the mission, we kept cruising up US 101. My sister decided to take this route rather than taking I-5 because it has prettier views (THAT'S for sure!). she didn't like
Sunsiet on US 101
the corporate farms with their suffering cows  and shit smell dotting the entire roadside. Along the way we had an area of gray clouds about an hour and a half away.
A cool change of scernery 
They quickly disappeared and on arrival the clouds
John and Doreen
were gone. When we arrived to Berkeley, we picked up Becky and then went to John's house nearby in Berkeley. This house is huge and it feels like home NOT a rental. John cooked up some delicious
Becky
free-range chicken. There was plenty of meat and taste on those bones. Doreen stopped by after dinner since she had to work. Alice and I told the story of the Ye Olde Deli and Thai Food. We got more chuckles from that
We then hung out at home and decided not to go out for kareoke. Well time to hit the rack.
Stanford Football. No longer Indians!!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice post. https://rosietaxicab.com/ is providing high quality taxi cab service in Ventura. Here you can book a taxi easily and you don't have to pay ,more.