Sunday, July 01, 2018

Saturday, June 30: Off to DC for Protesting Trump



Well, we got up very early at 7 AM to get ready to drive down to suburban DC catch the metro. I had a bowl cereal and we then drove off with our food provisions 

 nd sunscreen since it’s going to be almost 100° outside. I stopped @ WAWA an I  got a coffee with a banana and she got two hard boiled eggs. We then arrived at the metro station and figured out the ticketing system and it would be eight dollars round-trip for each of us since each way was about $3.85 each way. Anyhow we arrived there. She noted that the parking lot was hardly pull it 

 ff as compared to the women’s march she went to which the parking 

 ot and packet. I had a feeling this is going to be a smaller

 protest. I found out later that they were expecting 50,000 people and 30,000 people and it showing up. So they were just about right considering they 
 nly had two

 we can organize and I think the women’s march and organized after 

 rump got elected in November and the women’s march was held January 21 the day after 

 inauguration Day. Anyhow, we used to Google maps to find 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. after getting off at one 

 articular stop. It was leaking hot outside. It was a good thing we had a supply

 water food and I put SPF 70 all over my head so I wouldn’t get burnt to a frosty crisp. I wish

 I had bought new sneakers before this because the ones I have on are pretty raggedy

 right now. Anyhow he was really hot and you’re wanting to Mark to 

 espect her and then we were thinking of going to the Trump Hotel and we considered leaving and then with all people marching and joined in on the March. We march back to the place

 we ended up having to do with chanting and I saw the door a lot of people. After
 that we  rain from Union Station. That station beautiful place I took a couple pictures of it. We arrive back
 at the park-and-ride and decided that it probably Would be best  she just drop me off at the train station right away rather than go back 
 to her place. 
 e on the way we did cited to listen to music other than listen to political shows to give her a ring to break. SoI found out she like Beatles and 

 e sang along with a hard days night Sergeant Pepper, Revolver @ Help before going 
to this delicious Middle Eastern Pl. in the middle of nowhere 

 ear new Ark Delaware. The food was absolutely delicious! She said she had been there 

 efore it’s a cheap they’re more if you lived closer to it. We really enjoy that dinner 

 t really hit the spot after a long day of protesting. Anyhow I came home thought about 

 oing to a meeting but charge my phone and decided I better

  just get some liquids and hit the hay. And that’s exactly what I did. I wouldn’t want to little rip off Brady stores and got 

 ll kinds of liquids it would taste good and he could for me. I do need to Mindy and

 food and crashed pretty good. It was a good day. I’m really looking

 forward to some more good days with her. Only time will tell of course! And what

 will become of our country once Trump gets his Supreme Court pick. I also took lots of movie 

 f the event today in Washington. I have so many pictures I took I can’t include: this  

blog posting but I do try to represent the that day I know well. 

No comments: