Saturday, May 09, 2015

Saturday, May 9: Mother's Day weekend begin

Waling Towards 23rd Street
Good morning all you fog-laden seekers such as myself. After a long restful yet interrupted sleep I got up
A Foggy Cool Morning at 8am
at 7:30 got to the men's meeting at 8:10 AM. Is the first day I wore shorts and it's a lot cooler than it had been.
Add caption
Mind you I really don't mind the cooler weather especially when you're approaching mid-May.
A Tight Squeeze 4 the Bus
Cooler weather in mid-May is a good thing as compared to March or April. Well I walk the 15th and
La Colombe
Chestnut the 19th and Walnut and there were no buses in sight. At least three routes and run down
Meanwhile in West Philly
Chestnut Street between 1915. I got the EL after waiting only 5 minutes. My friend's going to Delaware
Rittenhouse SQ
did do some sailing I walked right by his condo today as I was walking towards 3rd Street. Well, I met
The EL Going Towards 2nd
my friend at the Starbucks at third and arch but it was packed. We then decided to use Siri and found
2nd Street Near Market
city coffee. We found some other folks going to the same place as us. I decided since I had a little free time
Old City Coffee
and I'm away, but I go down to the airport and get my paper tickets dealt with and done so I don't
At Christ Church @ 11:35am
have to think too much. I just found out that with the trans-pass I can go to the airport wine free the
11th and Market Near Jefferson Station
matter what day of the week. It's amazing what they don't tell you upfront. Alas, I was very thankful
My Path to the Airport
for that. 
That's not much fun. I hope you're relaxing a little bit. I had this big idea I'd go to the airport
Add caption

and get my tickets a couple days ahead of time. Well I found out it's a FAA rule that you can't buy boarding
I-95 Near the Airport
passes until 24 hours before the flight.
That's okay. It didn't take long for the airport line  2 get me here.
United Airlines is Here
I'm using the airport Wi-Fi while waiting for the train to get back. I'm just texting and blogging as I
My 1st Blogging Locale
sit here with this beautiful view of terminal D Philadelphia international. Well-paying way I just missed one of
2nd  Blogging Spot @ 1:25pm
the trains so I gonna wait till  1:41 PM for the next train so Wi-Fi still works out here. Its cool out but somewhat humid outside here at the Airport.
Waiting for the 1:41pm
I am going to be a 2-time flyer starting next Thursday when I fly out to San Francisco on a 4pm flight.  I just put on the earphones since the loudspeaker was playing a God-awful song by England Dan and John Ford-Coley. Man, they are the sappiest duo ever!! I

guess I will head home. This train is to arrive at       1:41pm. Well caught the train and realized that I
Riding the Airport Line to 30th St.
district to Amy's without getting off the train. Of course, I floated that idea but it was a bit unrealistic said
Mark Shrugged
she reminded me that going to Pats I'll be closer to movie night. Speaking of movie night we are seeing
Add caption
the movie almost dangerous year. I am to meet Larry Veronica for dinner at six at this point I'm going
Armory Near Drexel
to be ordering a couple beach food with patent and at the same time having Indian for the evening
Market Street in West Philly
dinner so it's going to be ethic the light for me. The cool misty fog day has now turned into a warm may
Got Lunch Here
day as of 2:30 PM today. Well Pat and I ate some delicious Pakitani  food and then finish with the end
Kabobbish
of the matrix with our heroes fall in love and things are as they should be. The movie had pretty loud
heavy metal music at the end during the role of the credits. That food is always yummy for my tummy that's for sure.
Add caption
So it became cloudy again which is a relief in the heat department. It's now 3:59 PM.
Pat's Pond with Train Tracks!!
How is created this wonderful garden with train tracks around the pond and he has water spitting out
Add caption
of Lions head very cool. I took pictures of it. Now for the news outside my mind.  Well, it's been reported
Add caption
that the woman run over by a Ride the Ducks" vehicle was looking at her tablet and walked against the red light. This time the Ride the Ducks will not be sued for millions! Well the Republicans are at it again. They want to reduce the pension or give me a pay cut to keep the same pension. So the summers going to be full of drama on that end. This proposal.  
Pat and I on Computer
was passed by a Republican controlled committee. Our Union SEIU Local 668 has sent a flash email asking everyone to call their Senator to oppose this pension bill. I am on YouTube and decided to listen to the Psychedelic Furs song "Sister Europe". It reminds me of all the Penn kids who went to Europe every Summer while I hung out at LBI. It was over 30 years ago. Can you dig it man. Here is a another fave from the
Amber Pat's Cat
Furs. The video is cool too. It's fun to relax with a friend and play this stuff. I like to embed. YouTube makes so easy to do it. Blogger has HTML mode which helps a lot.  It's now 5:59 PM I am halfway between 41st and 40th on Chestnut.
West Philly in the Sun
Where he Veronica and Dean my former roommate are going to meet edit Indian restaurant called
At New Delhi
New Deli and go to movie. We all enjoyed the Indian buffet. We got the 21 very quickly.  The movie was very good. It was called "A Most Violent Year.". well Larry and I left
Larry & I at New Delhi
around 10 PM. Dean left very early
Catching the 21 to 51st St.
after their technical problems for the first 20 minutes of the movie. It is 10:27 PM the time that the 48 was
Dean and I at JavaFlix
to arrive here at 22nd St. I decided to wait here and test that theory. Okay Molly about three minutes late.
Choosing Next Month'sj Flix
So I didn't have to wait that long which is a good thing.. So I'll be home by 10:45 PM. I can't believe I'm actually
Taking the Trolley to 22nd St.
a little bit hungry. That's somewhat mind blowing considering I had a pretty big lunch and a fairly large dinner. Bill.

No comments: