Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday, May 15: Berkeley to San Francisco. (Mid-Day Edition)

Walking to Shattack Street
Good morning all you West Coast wonders and East Coast eccentrics I was awakened around
Nice BIG Breakfast
7 o'clock by my brother we woke up his roommate Marcia. John and I talked for a bit and then I got a call

Sconehendge 4 Breakfast!!
from my friend Molly. It's pretty cloudy and overcast here and it's A cool 54° outside as of 8:57 AM I
It's Bountiful Here!!
got this delicious avocado omelet at a place called gun hinge bakery and restaurant. It was delicious and filling the kind I really needed. Thinking of taking a nap I got a text from Peter Sisson. I'm gonna

Near BART Station

Ready to Board BART @ Ashby
take the BART to Mission Avenue in San Francisco meet him in about an hour that's to be about 1245.
Add caption
Well I landed in the Mission district this little deli and got myself an Orangina and an emergency charge for my iPhone.
Add caption
on my phone. I'm attempting to save my portable battery for when I really needed. This guy seems to cleared
I Arrive in the Mission District
up a little bit since this morning. Now I'm at a place called La Noisette Café and Deli.
Mission District
The coffee is very average but the little cream it's fine. So I'm going to charge my battery blog out
Cool Public Art
and hit the restroom then I'll be ready to  Peter. I just have to say that the OkCupid out here a lot different
Little Place to Charge My Phone
and a lot nicer here. I have never met him and I probably won't but I'm just saying. There is a healthier life
 La Noisette Café
style and it shows. Let's put it that way thay are quite attractive in my age group! Will I have to contact Peter. The big news 4 this afternoon at 1:11 PM Pacific time is that sentence the Boston Marathon bomber to death.  http://news360.com/article/292886101       I guess it takes over the Amtrak disaster in the 24 hour news cycle. Well Peter met me at 16th and mission. Mission district is nothing like anything I see in Philadelphia.
Add caption
Peter
It is inherited the destitute right next to up-and-coming area. You have to be seen to be believed We
Mission District
then went to me vegetarian be at meanies place and I've noodle soup. It was very delicious
Observing San Fran
curry noodle soup. And took me on a drive through different sections of San Francisco. We drove through
Lunch Leftovers
the Castro district went on hate Street and with the Presidio with the military used to have a base there.
Street Scend
I thought Goldengate Park which is very large and very nice. I got some fantastic use of the Golden Gate.Bridge.
Nice View of Downtown
Next we went to a national Park called the Lands End. Exhibition of the Salro baths It was a glorious.
Hills Galore
looking bad right on the Bay. It is no longer there but the remnant support you have to be. It was a beautiful
Golden Gate Bridge
view. We then got pizza coffee and snack why were there and continued onward. There was no way I would
Nice View of the Golden Gate Bridge
be up to see all the sights this year if Peter didn't have a car. Since Peter knew the city, I got to see so
Another View 
many different sights i've been San Francisco before,  but I saw parts of of the city I had never seen
Peter's Place
before in my previous visits. Back in 2003, the last time I had an extended stay in San Francisco, 
Peter in His Year
I walked so much that my knees were for a month afterwards. So behalf of all the readers the Route 55 blog, I want
Add caption
to thank Peter Sisson for his time with with me. I would've missed so much of what San Francisco has
Entering the BART
to offer. After the tour, he drove me back to his place. It was very nice and beautiful backyard and
the garage to myself. He did a nice job but the place is well. I'm really glad I got to see the place after 17 years.
Rocky the Squirrel
Peter then drop me off at the Civic Center BART station which is near City Hall and other government
Add caption
buildings. I then realized I needed to get home and get a nap etc. I needed to be feeling normal when
More Fun
my family was going to show up starting around 7 o'clock &  8:00 PM. I got home took the meds and took a
Playing Cornhole
nice hour-long nap. That was really a good idea!😄 When I got home I saw Becky and Mimi respective
Aiming for the Hole
boyfriends. They were going to meet Alice at a great place. It turned out that we had a pizza party in the
Here Comes the Pizza
backyard. John it set up some games. One was cold beer pong & The other was called corn hole.
Delicious Pizza
It was basically like shuffleboard but beanbags and you try to put them in the whole three points and the
Chillin in John's Backyard
beanbag on the other side for a point. The corn hole game what's the favorite with her family. We gave
Party Time
played a couple games as a group which included Ale John, Alice, yours truly, Becky, Hannah, Mini and
John's Roommate and her Friend
her boyfriends. John made his backyard to look very festive with Carol colored balloons and napkins.
Marcia and John
We got three boxes of the races pizza with the cilantro sauce. Again the food was excellent. It has been
Becky & Kate
the case during this whole trip. I ended the night by taking a look at old pictures of thinking she was person
Mimi and Shemir
and when she was a toddler. My mother and given her baby book. John them showed  a picture of our
Hanging  Out in John's Backyard
family Seattle in the picture, we were all posing next to on  Rent-A-Wreck boat that we rented. We were
Checking Out Baby Pics
acting all framing and it was a funny memory. I also feature and Amish beard. Then again it was 1983.
John and Becky
The Phillies win the World Series against Baltimore and 76ers won the championship. Moses Malone and famous 4-4-4. The
76ers won all their playoff games except one. That's how long ago 1983 was. Ono very good day was had by all.

1 comment:

Peter Sisson said...

Great photos! Thanks for the shout out and the shot at fame! :) Siri's translations need a little love but your narration still made sense.