Monday, May 18, 2015

Sunday, May 17: Becky's Graduation and Dinner with Greg and Sue

Good morning are you seekers of knowledge. Today is Becky's graduation. I got up feeling really weird
John Setting Up Party
and I found out why because I hadn't taken my meds all day yesterday. I guess because today was so fun that I didn't really
Kate and John
notice. Just what I was going to bed I realized that I left my leftover Asian curry soup in my bag and it
Driving to Graduation
leaked all of my bag. My chrome book I think is dead.
That's why bought a used one and not a new computer
Picking up Alex
in there. So I had cereal and eggs and it's now
Meeting for Graduation
8:13 AM and I need to quickly shave and get dressed. John's going to drop mom and myself off and then we're going to head to the ceremony.
We drove up and we found a parking garage right near the graduation
Becky at Her Graduation
ceremony. This was after we went to Stephanie's house and picked up Alex. We then running to Hannah
Becky in the Middle

and the others got our tickets for the ceremony. We walked in and we saw Greek Amphitheater it is a beautiful structure.
Family
and they have real concerts like Willie Nelson, Culture Club Jackson Browne and
Great Speaker from Afghanistan
Daryl Hall and John Oates. It has cement seating and it was built about 1903. It's approximate three
Dave and John
hour ceremony so I decided to get a refreshment and catch up on my blog away from the family. I don't
Chilly
want to be rude. It is a chilly 54° and overcast right now at the ceremony. There are couple of
The Greek Amphitheater
speeches that went on during the ceremony. The first black woman from Afghanistan was very
A Cute Song
moving and powerful. She really got the audience interested. The next one was absolutely graduation
Trying to Stay Warm
boring. It was some kind of awful. First you took too long and then she rambled on about things that
Becky Receiving Diploma
were little bit too politically correct leaving for Berkeley in my opinion. It wasn't a total loss she had the
Party Time
audience singing a song. it was so late but I found it pretty amusing and so did the family. We all gave out a big Hoot & holler when Becky's
Having Lunch
name was called by the dean. I got a couple really good pictures
John's Friend Rose

of her when I step down and got closer. When the ceremony and we got up pretty quickly and came
Eating Cake
back to John's place on Ashby Avenue. Everybody showed up around 12 12:30 PM and it's a very lighthearted
Becky and Mimi
affair. With plenty of food and drinks for everyone in attendance. John did a really good job of organizing the party.
Becky's Friends
I had to periodically charge my phone during the whole thing. I'm really glad I had my portable charger
Winding Down
and my charging cord with me. Anyhow, afterwords when everyone left, I decided to take a walk to the souvenir
Dave @ Telegraph St
store on telegraph Avenue & Durant. I got a sweatshirt that was half off and a polo shirt. I thought about
Store
going to a Best Buy or stopping and having coffee but I decided against both. I decided that I needed a

good old-fashioned power nap before  Sue LaBlanc picks me up to meet Greg, & Sue for dinner. Well I got
Sue
my power nap and that was really good. I then got picked up by Sue and her husband and her
Going to Greg's Place
five-year-old child. They drove me to Greg's place. Well located right at the Berkeley campus in an
Greg
area of it by the University and how's the professors. Several famous people in the area one of them is Robert Reich
Dinner!
. Greg and his girlfriend Emily had some pork and potatoes. I managed to cook pork it with you seeing
Nice Dinner
very tasty. Not much but some is how to cook that shows. A nice dinner and conversation. I meant
Sue and Emily
husband was very cool dude. The retirement from France and like a really nice guy and their kid
View From Greg's Place
down five and seemingly well-adjusted kid. It was a very nice time hope to get to see them more often.
Emily
Greg then drove me back unfortunately nobody was awake for Greg. The 10:30 PM Pacific daylight Time.
Greg's Living Room
It was a pretty good night. The day was fun and I got this Chromebook to work just one more day so I can make this blog post pretty. Tomorrow, I hope to drive to Mount Tam and see LARGE trees.

1 comment:

Stuart said...

For your heavy blogging needs, you need one of those ruggedized laptops that the Army and Marines use. That might make you popular with the ladies. The military ladies.