Friday, November 05, 2021

Friday, November 5: I am 60 Years Old!

 I got  my self up  at 9:30 AM this morning. I got a couple nice
messages on my text wishing me a happy birthday. That was really nice. I then got 

ready to take a walk and make a phone call. I then discovered that none of the faucets 

ran any water in the toilet didn’t work. That was a bit of a shocker. I know

 they’re doing pipe work along the main road near where Alice lives. Hopefully 

it’ll fix water by the time we have dinner that’s kind of screwy. It’s not 11:30 AM. Found

 out that she has somebody coming over to fix the water. The water is fixed 

now and that’s a relief. I talked on the phone and Alice is getting

 some birthday presents for me. And then we’re gonna go to  Del Mar  California that is. Well Alice went 

out and bought my guess and we went to Del Mar and it’s

 very foggy here. It looks cloudy but it’s just fine. The temperature
difference in the weather difference it’s pretty drastic to see when you’re only 20 minutes away from Poway. We walk along the beach and 

then walk to downtown area. I tried to get Coffee one place but they had only a cashier/ oatmeal, 

and the woman didn’t know how to make it so I had to go to Starbucks because I don’t drink straight coffee. It’s  now 3:05 PM. We got back a little after 4 PM. Alice laid up some nachos and dip 

and I had a couple bites of that. She’s going to an online Shabbat and I’m 

going to take a walk while the sun is still out and it’s still warm. I was pretty 

amazed at the difference in climate between Delmar on the coast and pow way to the north and east. 

This is a perfect opportunity to play on my phone make phone calls etc. The weather’s

 about perfect right now and it’s 4:47 PM. When it’s calm down and I can just look at the mountains 

jutting up into the sky above. It’s a perfectly blue sky outside as well. They’re calling 



for fog conditions from 8:00 PM to tomorrow morning. And I just

 talked to Larry a little bit and now I’m just pacing around the neighborhood looking at stuff and plants etc. It’s 

 now 4:54 PM  and I have time to pace around till about six and

 then I need to be home by 6:15 so I’m not rude to my own birthday party. It’s now 5:52 PM I just got off the 

phone. I also got to take some pictures of some different scenes

 around Poway in the neighborhood where my sister lives. There are a couple hot rod cars and nice designs
 in someone’s lawn and other visuals since the suns down there’s 

no glare it was a really good time to take random photos around yield Poway. I need to get home by 6:15 PM and I think I can do it with a little bit of time to spare. 

The Starbucks coffee is too better I don’t think I’m gonna finish it. The rest of the evening

   will be the birthday party and then I will text and update folks. It’s been a pretty

 relaxing day and the weather is cooperating fully. I had a wonderful birthday dinner and cake. Alice gave me two pairs of shirts two shorts and a pair of crocs. That was very nice of her very generous. Mimi was over as well. We’re not gonna play a card game called “codenames.“

No comments: