Friday, June 16, 2017

Friday, June 16: San Diego, Ventura , Then to Santa Barbara for Dinner

  Good morning from San Diego California. Plan to leave at 5 AM  quickly fell by the wayside. As it was I didn't get up till 6:30 AM Pacific daylight Time. As it was I was pretty tired when I got up. I thought everyone else might be asleep but Alice & daughter   were already up and hanging out. I got my clothes on and downstairs. I  chilled out and that I hope little bit of cleanup. I clean the litter trash down to the end of the driveway.   nd we discussed Trump politics in the constitution for a while. After that  I helped Alice with a little bit of taking out the  trash and cleaning up the kitty litter. She reminded me that there's a beach there in Ventura. I'm have to buy a   bathing suit. She however did provide me a towel so I'll be ready for the beach. Really looking   orward to breakfast it's now 8:26 AM will be leaving in about 10 minutes. But we left and  we went to a Carl's Jr. and got breakfast. I get this French toast sticks and some hashbrowns.   rench toast sticks weren't that bad. We didn't get trucking when are 3 1/2 hour trip from San Diego to Ventura.
 Traffic got a little hectic in North Hollywood area.There wasn't too much  red considering where  we were. As you know the red means bad news for traffic on Google maps. It's now   2:17 PM we just stopped at the   entuckyFried  Chicken for a bathroom break. We're still a little over an   our away. We are grooving to the Beatles,  mamas and the Papas and Simon and Garfunkel. Well a   ouple of court cases that made the news were decided today. 1st off  we have an officer who shot Philando Castle during a traffic stop was acquitted of manslaughter  This is the case  where his girlfriend video taped the aftermath. Once again a cop gets off.   A woman who was arrested for encouraging her boyfriend to commit sucide was declared guilty of involuntary manslaughter by a judge. A bit of overkill. The stupid girl was only 17. I think it's the bullying craze gone nuts.  We then looked up on Wikipedia concerning Engelbert Humperdinck. We all found   ut that it's not his birth name. He was named after a composer who wrote  Hantzel and Gretel. Boy the internet has some good information. We did   inally arrive at Ventura. David chose a Marriott to stay. It's one  of these for star hotels well we unpacked our  stuff. and then Alice and daughter went to pick up Hannah's car and    took a walk to the beach. The beach was nice but   ad these big rocks which made it very hard to walk up on some parts. I then looked for store for a bathing suit but  your wasn't much out there with in walking distance.    came back to the hotel and crashed Nice and hard. I was exhausted and bloated. Around 5:45 PM Alice   nd Mimi came in and said they're going out to eat and I could stay here if I wanted but I wanted to hang out. So I showered and put it in  change your clothes on.  I do feel like a new man. We are heading to Santa Barbara to see my other niece with her sister and have  dinner. It's a 45 minute drive. We made it after about an hour drive and   t's all Hannah. We then went to this place called Kyle's kitchen. The kid is actually REAL. We saw the Kyle   hat this place is named after. It's basically a burger and salad place but it seems pretty  laid-back and kind a fun place. Well after we ate we had it on out and Alice noticed there was    red light on warning us to stop driving because of the brake electronics. We pulled   ver near a liquor store and got soda and cigarettes. I got a Yorba Mate  ginger grapefruit. It's pretty good. It's about 10:00 PM I'm going to wait for the car to   ool see if that warning lights still shows up. Definitely through things a little  bit of a loop if you have to get the car towed all the way to San Diego and back to Ventura We   took Uber from the liquor store where we broke down back to the Marriott. We then   elaxed and made arrangements for tomorrow. We need to set the alarm for 6 AM since we   ave to leave the hotel by 7:30 am. The graduation starts at 9am now it's time to crash. 

No comments: