Friday, March 10, 2017

Thursday, March 9: Warm. A Plan to Consolidate Welfare Offices

 Well I got up and quickly had breakfast of cereal and orange juice. I   ecided to just to throw my clothes on and get it moving. Tabatha the cat was being a real spaz. It was meowing like it   as really hungry but the food was all set. Next, Sharon locked her in the basement   ecause it was acting insane. It's a warm mile day today. The wacky   inter of 2017 it's going to rear its funky head. Today I'm going to hit 60°. Tomorrow will be a completely  different story.There's a forecast for snow tomorrow!  It's going   o be cold Friday and Saturday. I decided next to go to fresh grocer and get my ice tea that I need and some yogurts for nutrition. This is needed   specially when I have 15 to 20 people scheduled it certainly is a beautiful  morning. I can actually  feel that it's starting to cool off because the wind is increasing. Call 9:04 AM better   et into the office. Well I Saul 10 people. Two more walking so they didn't show up.   he onslaught stopped around 2:30 PM. My supervisor came back from meeting and now it's 5 per month.    sanctions that is. Well it looked away and nice so my folks and then I got a couple other things   leaned up. Tomorrow I have three people so I expect to spend the entire day cleaning up my calendar and cleaning up my alert so I can just do sanctions on Monday. That should get them off my back for at least a couple weeks. It wasn't a bad day at all. I  had three yogurt a banana bag of chips and a Pepsi. That was enough. Next stop is 20th and Springgarden to the union hall for a meeting about rumored layoffs at the   tate office building other information about the   onsolidation that Governor Wolf has planned. That starts at 6 PM. Speaking of politics,there's no mention of layoffs anywhere in the Harrisburg paper. Just article about the  budget which is linked in the last sentence. 
On the national level Republicans are busily trying to pass on Obamacare replacement bill. As of 6 PM today, it has cleared to House committees. There is still strong opposition from conservatives you think it's too generous and of course and Democrats like myself I think it's a bastardization of the current law. Well at this meaning there's a plan afoot to shut down the CAO's make about 11 regional centers with couple hundred people and have the remaining areas have storefronts. It's the Florida model. I have course Googled "Florida model."  It is quite scary! 40% less staff three offices in the whole state and then the rest are "storefronts." I'm just glad I'll be leaving fairly soon. He's gentle being made around 2020 or 2021 when I get to retire. After the meeting Peter and I walked from 20th & Spring Garden to the OCF Coffee House. I had to answer need you to call him and Peter and I hung out for a while. We then walked to 23rd and Fairmount were Peter caught the bus back towards the market out. But in talk to Lisa and Sharon that was that.

No comments: