Saturday, November 26, 2016

Saturday, November 26: Flying w/ Pat and A Small Class Reunion

 Good Saturday to one and all. It is a chillier and windy or Saturday than  yesterday. I got up a little bit early because Pat wanted to go flying. My friend decided that she didn't have time to visit. She had a   ight schedule and my schedule might've   been tight. Anyhow I talk to Sharon for a bit this morning had my breakfast and then Pat then arrived at around 9:45 AM. He talked to Sharon for a bit while I was getting myself together.  On the way to Mike's   house we stopped and got a coffee and a cookie and he let the dog out at Mike's place. Went to Pat's &  picked up his flying accessories and planes and headed out the Valley Forge. It's now 12:07 PM and we   rrived at Valley Forge. I'm now sitting in the car keeping myself and camera warm. Pat is still adjusting his planes. Meanwhile, in the outside   world that is outside my bubble, there was a big news story this morning. cuban leader Fidel Castro died at age 90. Yes our future l eader Donald Trump tweeted about his death. He just said "Fidel Castro's dead." Anyhow I'm gonna take videos of Pats  flying and I bought a charger so I don't run out of batteries. Actually it's an  dapter for the car. It's   2:45 PM on taking a car break from the cold and preserving the battery on my phone. Well Pat attempted to fly his war war one flying ace with Snoopy has the pilot. As he was   trying to start it one of his friends pointed out that the the control   art of the wing was busted. The plane was deemed not fit for flying at this time. He'll have to come back home and make repairs on it. Well we stopped 
flying in on the way out of the park we stopped at a TD Bank. And of course  this one on Swedesford Road in Devon close at 1 o'clock Saturday so it's not America's most convenient Bank. It's 2:37 PM we just got back to West  Philadelphia at Pats. We're unloading Pats airplane supplies and then we are going to have   ome food. Well we had our Pakistani Indian delight and we watched a movie about   ikolai just Chechescu of Romania. He was the king of communism. The BBC production was very  funny and topical. Considering we now have Donald Trump who lives in a   ilded kingdom and his Trump tower. So it's very topical. What Pat wasn't nice enough   o drive me up to the brand-new palatial Whole Foods in Wynnewood. I met up with Gwynne   nd I got myself some caffeinated coffee so I would be away during this party. Actually  I think it's kind of a dinner get together were either go out to eat or order food and eat. So we'll see. I'm glad I got to sit here at  Whole Foods for a moment. It was relaxing and I needed that. We are going to Ridley Park.   ell, we went to Tim's house and it was quite the plate host and really mellow. I literally have not seen him   ince 1981 when I graduated high school. His house is beautifully set up for Christmas. We then hung out and talked and looked at the yearbook and   old some good stories that were actually very fun and interesting . We then went to to a Thai restaurant nearby and had some pretty good Thai food. We talked a little bit politics but it was from the vantage point of observing. We were also Hillary supporters  so that helped of course. Overall it  was much better than my   xpectations. That's always a pleasant surprise. I hope to meet them up again. I'm here at the Wynnewood train station. I was hoping Pat would be up so he could pick me up and take me back but I think he fell sleep.  I'm gonna catch the 11:47 PM back to Philly

No comments: