Monday, August 01, 2016

Sunday, July 31st: Walking Center City and 3 of My Photos are Selected!!

24th Street
Well after going to bed late and waking up a lot due to having the heat the call of mother nature I slept until 11 o'clock. I didn't got a notice that my
At Bus Stop
friend with meeting me at noon at 17th and JFK
Ready 4 Action
Boulevard. I bound get out of bed and a good morning to Sharon and we talked a bit. I had my
Blogging at 17th and JFK
quickie bowl of cereal and work on my way with my ice tea in my old Saxbys cup. Well I stopped
A Little Visitor
at the corner bakery at 17th and JFK and sat and decided to do some blogging over there Wi-Fi. My friend then
Sansom Street
showed up and we hung out there. Then the rain started. We thought it was going to really be pouring outside. We then went to the  Rite
Add caption
Aid to get her Sudafed. Now you have to sign for it to get it. There was
Saxby's
some good sales on various things. I got myself 2 portable chargers $.99 white out and lens cleaner
Cool Sign
that was 75% off. After that we walked down 20th St. all the way down near South Street. We then
Built in 1860
went up to 21st St. and walked up a couple sidestreet such as Delancey Place. We saw the
Checking Out Cool Houses
Rosenbach museum and the Murray spandex house. He think I wrote "where the wild things are." The
Famous Lawyer
day got sunnier  and hotter as it went along. This was after I threatened rain that came around 1 o'clock.
Fresh Shave
We then decided that we were getting a little bit hot and cited we go back to coffee Joe. We would
Nice Window Display
both cool off and I would get the recharge my phone little bit. I got small ice coffee.  We hung
21st Street
out for a little while and cooled off in the night air conditioning at the Coffee Joe. We walk to Suburban
Rittenhouse SQ
Station and then she caught the train. I managed to catch the 48 bus fairly quickly and I got home by 4:00 PM I came home and something to drink and then I cooked up some pasta for dinner. After chowing down I
Positve Chaulk Art
The Artist
went upstairs to grab a nap I got up in time to catch the seven bus down town and meet up with Larry, 
Veronica, and Darlene at Saxby's. We hung out and talked for a while. I was the speaker and I was
Coffee Joe
extremely nervous. The crowd was a little bit bigger than it had been at the Sunday night meeting. One woman share
Love This Building
JFK Blvd
with the pick early thoughtful and kind. We had a business meeting and I am supposed to make
Add caption
coffee starting next month.
 found out  ALL  3 of my photographs were ACCEPTED in the current
The Fall Campaign Begins
exhibit coming up in August at
the Da Vinci gallery. I was just shocked and amazed all 3 of them
21st and Hamilton
made it. I got two of them already framed and now I have to get the third one printed and framed.
Add caption
I put the third one is a throwaway
not expecting it to make it. It's a picture of my computer logging
Heading Towards Saxby's
on with
JAVA. I couldn't wait to tell people. I fortunately
21st and Ranstead
found the email that I sent to enter my photographs so I have my description of each. Amy told me
21st and Chestnut
they're called mission statements. I was pleased with my statement. They probably helped. Anyhow
Strolling Along
I came home finished off the rest of my pasta and talk to Amy for a while. I will have to wire them
20th and Walnut

up and get the pick the other one up at the photo lounge tomorrow. I really didn't expect the third one
Friends at Saxby's
to get accepted.
It was a good day for photos. I got them taken before the meeting
Heading to Speak
and before I met Larry at 21st and Ramstead. I'm going to have to miss the opening night because
After Speaking
my bus leave Tuesday night at 7 PM of course I can postpone it a day but that probably wouldn't
Add caption
help all that much. The opening is Wednesday night the 3rd from 6 to 8.  I'm going to have to
Going Home Happy!
inform Da Vinci that I have to unfortunately miss it. I was listening to the Who's "Sell Out" when I got the wonderful news of my 3 photos making the cut.

No comments: