Thursday, May 19, 2016

Thursday, May 19th: A 14 Hour Road TripOn the Road to Ontario Canada

I
5:15am
Good day everyone. It is 9:43 AM and I am taking my first pit stop here at a Tim Hortons in Castle Creek Pa.
Starting Point in Fairmount
 I'm hoping getting gas getting a coffee and updating my blog. It all went pretty smooth voice. I got
Getting on the NE Extension
up at 5:00 AM ate cereal & showered. Fortunately I had taken Sharon's advice and put out my clothes
Add caption
& packed my clothes last night. I hop in the car about 6:15 AM and took the Schuylkill breast way
Add caption
up to the blue route interstate 476. The traffic was mildly crowded on the Schuylkill. It was a
First Stop for Gas Coffee & Blogging
good thing I left when I did. I then went up the northeast the mention of the Pennsylvania Turnpike. There are various box of road construction but overall I was able to 80 mph with no problem. The speed limit was raised to 70 mph on parts of the
Near Watertown NY
turnpike just last week.  I then kept on trucking. I went to the border and the gentleman with extremely
Just Crossed the Border
friendly. He didn't make me pull over and wait in the office. That was a very fortunate thing for me. I saved a half hour by not being told to go inside the building and wait to looked over allowed into
The 1st Route

42 Miles till Route 41
country. I then pulled over & contacted AT&T to get the international service. It's a rip off. $30 and it
2nd Route Canada 401
lasts for 30 days. It does allow unlimited texting. The main problem is that you're only allowed about 125
Moving Right Along

megabytes total and EACH phone call is a dollar a minute. I certainly will not be calling anybody or
The Ontario Sky

going on the Internet until I go to a WIFI hotspot. And there's pressure few around. I was hoping
Rest Stop Griffith Ontario

gasing up in the USA will save me a little bit of money since Canadian gas is definitely more expensive.
Went Though 2 of These

After I called AT&T, I started up to Canadian route 401 and then from 401 I have the little road called
Add caption
41. Route 41 was a very winding little road but I did pretty well in passing people. My 2nd rest
2nd Road Stop
stop for gas what's in a little town called Griffith Ontario. It's on route 41. I was told by my contact that
Getting Closer

I'm 6 hours away from Espinola Ontario. That is the biggest town to Manitoulin  Island.
Close to Espanola
There are a lot of low mover and I want to get to when you're by 830 or so so I wouldn't miss the
Made it to Espanola
first meeting of the 
weekend. There was quite a few places with construction but I'm hauling out up by men and stop times
Driving to Cabin
twice. I did fill up my gas tank twice on the way up here. I went to the end of the turnpike I have to work
Inside Cabin
for drum is in New York State. There's a lot of New York State to drive-through during this trip. Well I
Cabin at Blue Dot 
went on Route 17 with trans Canadian highway all the way up to Espanola. Once I got there I
Map of Trip
did make the meeting at 8:35 PM. I then went to the cabin and crash. 14 hours a long time

No comments: