Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Monday, April 4: travel day to Warren and Toronto. Hockey and Villanova is #1

5:45 AM in Buffalo
Good morning I got up at 5:30 AM gather my belongings and headed towards Warren Pennsylvania the two hour and 15 minutes from Buffalo. The weather was pretty forbidding but it
My Trip to Warren
least the snow was slowing
Going to Warren
 down that wasn't too deep. I took interstate 90 and that was well paved and by
Getting Closer to Warren
the time I got off 90 the snow had stopped and started turning into rain. It is now 8 AM and I'm
Arriving to Warren
at the Tim Hortons in Warren Pennsylvania. My friend will meet me after she drops her
CNN at Tim Horton's
kid off at school. 32 hours at this point, Wisconsin primary. Cruz is winning in the polls bus far. Well
A Nice Mural in Warren
he took me on a tour of downtown Warren and a cool old apartment that she still living. Some really
Nice Old Building
nice majestic homes near the downtown area. Don't tell pretty in. Look like they tried to revitalize and
At the Allegheny River
redo the sidewalks etc. But it's a really damp drizzly rain and 37° now as of 9:45 AM. It's time for second
Tonya
Tim Hortons coffee. Well Tonya showed me around more and Pennsylvania. She showed me some really
Nice House Where Tonya Lived
pretty sights m and cool old buildings. It was a bit of a drizzly rain out but it was worth it. I was lucky
Church Near Downtown
she has her shop  closed on Mondays.  I then went on my 3 1/2 hour drive from Warren back to Toronto via
PHS
Buffalo. The weather was kind of bad but not horrible. The streets were clear. I was of course nervous as
Tonya and I Selfie
I approached the peace Bridge and waiting for the immigration dude check my passport.
Warren to Toronto
 They just let me through but I was told it every time I come to Canada I get pulled over and I have to
Old Factory
go inside show my expungement papers. I sat at the Peace Bridge & called AT&T to get their international plan. This is so I don't get huge
On the Road
roaming charges. I went to Airplane
mode until I got downtown Toronto.
Driving Past Buffalo

This is because the Intl plan is limited.I can text all I want but I hav 150 MB total until they start
At Peace Bridge
adding $.25 a megabyte or something. At 3:15 PM I arrived in downtown Toronto. The sun came out!!! I can't even believe I looked up and saw the sun. Haven't seen the sun in 4 days. It's great so far and I have a
Getting Close to Toronto



really spicy pizza Yum! I'm gonna walk around looking for a close parking garage because my parking is only good till 5:15 PM. A pretty big city Toronto yes that's for sure. And this pizza it's really spicy.
Old Section of Toronto

Add caption
We also have Wi-Fi at the speaker shop which I really need to take advantage of with my limited plan.
Add caption
Just got up from my nap at 6pm & found out the hockey game is a 15 minute walk. Find a parking
Where I stayed Over
lot really close so everything is really close. I just have to pick up my car from the parking lot by 6 AM
Mural Near Hostel
tomorrow. I went to a coffee shop nearby after hitting the local TD Bank here and getting $20 in Canadian
My Accomidations
currency. The woman at the earliest it was very pleasant and circled some point to go on the map.
Funky Building
I'm really close to the hockey Hall of Fame in pretty close to some other things so tomorrow I'm gonna
Cool!!
be the taurus for sure sure. There are a lot of cool buildings in this part of town and leave it call me
Love This
old city Museum the hockey Hall of Fame another place tomorrow. Well I got to the hospital. I decided I
Going to Maple Leafs
needed to take a nap I was so exhausted from doing all that driving and waking up at 5:30 in the morning.
My Ticket
After my nap I found a local coffee place and then realized my car was still parked in the side of the street.
My View from My Seats
Or fortunately did not get a ticket and I moved the car to the local parking lot near the hospital. Next,
Good Seats
I went and walk around town a little bit cool looking buildings. I then went to the hockey game. Stadium
Having Fun
is pretty big and pretty nice. I am pretty good time. I did find the hockey Hall of Fame since I got a bit lost and walked in the wrong direction. I was very hungry when I got back to the hostel. So I asked one of the employees where I can get a bite to eat. Found me a Middle Eastern Pl., Schworm a king. The food was excellent I really liked it. I then was reminded that don't know who is playing national championship tonight. They want 77 to 74 on a three-pointer at the buzzer.
They're going nuts down there in Villanova. Wish I'd been able to see the game. Anyhow, it is
Fans Behind Me
really cold out there. It's freezing 25° when I got into the hospital make my food. I then used one
Outside the Arena
of their computers they have downstairs to edit this blog and make the possible. They're very nice here.
1972 Team Canada
Well I got to go to bed and wake up at 6 AM or before 6 AM so I don't get charged an extra day
Yummy Food
for the 
parking lot. Thanks. It feels bigger than Philadelphia at least the downtown part feels bigger
 

Its April 4th!!!

No comments: