Saturday, August 16, 2014

Saturday, August 16: West Philly 2 Old City to Ocean City

Getting Ready for a Big Day
Well after staying up late and seeing the adventures of a penpal from Missouri and live feeds from
My One Hour Rental
My Overnight Rental
Ferguson Missouri on the racial tensions there and the police over reaction, I got up this morning around 8:20 AM. I decided there I would go to Ocean City MD
 It's been a funny morning. I decided that I

30th Street
would met Larry @ Starbucks and hang out there at 3rd & Arch  rented a Zip Car that was NEAR Larry's
Larry
. Drove  down to South Philly, to feed  my friend cats and change litter. Next I return the Zipcar back to Old City.
Starbucks Coffee
I am now taking the EL to 11th Street & taking the airport line to the rental car and driving down
Getting on I-95 to South Philly
to Ocean City. Mind you I did all this and found a backpack in a short period of time. Well the first
Nice View
leg of getting to the airport worked out the airport line arrived only about two minutes late at 11:57 AM. I get off at terminal B. I
In South Philly with Rental
called the rental car and I was going to be late in the enterprise car company was cool about it we had no problems. I rented the The
Still Life South Philly
car through KAYAK after I downloaded the app. Kayak then let me to car I had a deep discount under Hotwire. Including insurance listed price was $30
At Market East Station
total. Now of course go put it to hundred dollar deposit on it but I do have money on my credit card to
Getting the Airport Train
do that. I should be at one arrivals Road by 12:30 PM to pick up the car. It is now 1:08 PM the estimated time to get there is two hours
Airport Shuttle by Enterprise Rental
48 minutes. So that's about 3 PM Eastern daylight Time. I am now on I-95 with my Monday
I-95 in Delaware
with my prepaid gas ready to go!
I am now on Delaware route one at 2:51 PM if I knew the traffic was like this I certainly would've
Delaware Route 1
left earlier. We are moving but I was so slow maxing out at about 25 miles an hour. I am 46 miles away at this point Google Maps
Getting Close to the Beach
estimates another hour and 10 minutes till I'm there. It is now 2:56 PM. t's now 4:16 PM I am
19 miles away from Ocean City
What to Eat in a Traffic Jam
Maryland the traffic is somewhat hideous and up but I'm doing okay. I went to a place called pats pizza and had a very tasty slice while
Moving Along
sitting in traffic and did the evil deed of texting. It was not so dangerous because all we are is going
 about 10 miles an hour and stopping half the time. Why did arrive and quit inviting me to the
Ocean City
after I paid my $10.24 hour parking fee at the parking lot. Water was excellent and the ocean is nice and warm.
Entering Maryland
I Made it!!
Afterwards we floated around in the very nice heated pool it was in their condo at a place called the Quay.
22 Stories Up
When and I got to talk and then we went out to dinner with one of her three kids that are here to agree kebab
View from Beachfront Condo
place which was very tasty. but I'm using my personal hotspot to going to chrome book so I can meet
 this blog and make it look like I edited it. this condo is 21 stories above the ocean. Funky thing is that
The Condo Pool
they block the sun on the beach so the Sun doesn't dry out real quick after the tide has receded
The Quay Blocking the Sun
. I am sitting here talking with Quinn and I'm showing her how blogger works while I talk to Siri.

1 comment:

MoonDoggie said...

Looks like a great day for the beach. Remember one time we decided to go through OC,MD and we inched along on a bridge. But still stopped for a rest at a restaurant. The traffic was a killer. Hope it is smooth sailing.