Saturday, July 26, 2014

July 26: A Saturday to do Things, Think and be Me!!

The View from My Porch Looking Left
Good day boys and girls I woke to pouring rain at 8:58 AM. That's considered sleeping in for me. I then traipsed to theEL at 46th and
The View from My Porch Looking Right
went to 2nd Street. I then met Larry at the Starbucks on 3rd and Arch and boy was it packed!!!  Larry encouraged me to go ahead and wait in the line cause I was going to give up
A rainy Trip to the EL

Climbing up the 2nd Street Steps

Big Man and Woman
  because the line was so darn long. I'm glad he did!!!! We went to the 10 at 10:30 which
10 @ 10:30
was a perfect meeting go to considering have blah I felt all morning. My plan is to get a haircut,
She Works at Mod Place
and do other practical things. I will call to see if anybody wants do anything and if  not, I thought I might take a road trip.
  

Now THIS is Lunch!
I also treated myself to some delicious Indian entrees at the New Delhi on 40th & Walnut. I was trying to
Catching the 21 to Meet My Brother
think of where I go  for the hell of it.  I even got a charger for my battery pack  I got the charger for
John and I
my Chromebook because I managed to lose that too.  I got them for much cheaper than online
Alex, John and Doreen
. Well last my Chromebook charger I bought was not at the same kind so I have to wait for an ordered copy to come in.
At My Front Porch
 That is due to come in next Wednesday.
Check this out my brother just texted me
8th and Market
he's in downtown Philly. I'm going to hang out with him this afternoon!!! He's
Place on South Street for My Chargers
walking down around downtown with his girlfriend Doreen.
So I quickly ate the remainder of my Indian buffet and
"Girls Rock" Event at Bean Coffee
got the 21 bus real nicely. The bus stop was 300 feet from the restaurant. Sun just finally came out today!!'
Where the Groovy "Girls Rock" Event Happened
Well we finished our lunch and I got some leftover grilled cheese sandwich with jalapeno. We walked around City Hall and saw the Comcast building. We took some pictures of City Hall and also visited
My Friend Hanging at the Bean
 the Union league. They have a little touristy section wait the
Some T-Shirts
show the the history of Philadelphia at the time the Union league was founded back in the mid-1800s
GIRLS ROCK @ South Street
I was thinking  that maybe I would visit a friend  in Massachusetts but they did not respond to that so I think that's out the window.
Illusions of a Road Trip
I think my next journey is to the second mile center and see if I can get myself furniture for my apartment.


I'm now at 17th and Walnut I'm going to catch the 21 and go to the second mile Center. As I'm typing this it is 5:03 PM and the bus just stopped at 19th and Walnut. Well I
Some DJ Electronics
I got home and I just had the lie down for moment. I might still be sleeping but my phone slipped off the counter and made a huge noise. My upstairs neighbor Rob dropped me off at  the 30th St post office where he
 was getting mail. I took the EL to get to the market and then walk to six in South. I was going to ninth and south to return the incorrect
Heading to the "Girls Rock
Chromebook cord I had just bought I also went to to visit a friend at the bean coffee @ 615 South St for a Girls Rock event.
Packing up to End the Evening

Girls Rock Philly at Bean Café
This video shows folks listening to a recording. This recording features instruments such as drumsticks water bowls. from which makes for its unusual sound. My friend Chesire is very much involved.
What I First Saw at "Girls Rock."
She teaches drums and administers the program It's pretty groovy. It's at the Bean Café 615 South St. It was recorded on Thursday, July 17.
I very much enjoyed this event. It seems to instill some good qualities that tween girls need as they navigate high school and the
Art 4 Art's Sake
peer pressure. I would like to check this out a little more often. My friend Chesire is going to the Czech Republic Germany and another country for a vacation with her husband. She should have real good time for the next three weeks she leaves tomorrow for the Chech republic. Yes, I will admit I had thoughts
 of going to Springfield Massachusetts or Portland Maine
 for a day. But after looking at the reality  of he travel and cost and time it just wasn't going
 to really make much sense!  My mind and body were getting tired from all the walking I was doing  all day and the thought of spending all that $ and exhaustion!!
Below is the Priceline Deal to get me to Portland ME. It had a rental car included in the cost BUT I would have had to drive from Boston to Portand and Back!
Depart:
Sun, July 27, 2014
Return:
Mon, July 28, 2014
Departing Airport:
Newark Liberty Intl Airport (EWR)
Newark, NJ
Arrival Airport:
Gen Edward Logan Intl Airport (BOS)
Boston, MA
Below is the Hertz rental car information. You will see that the initial price is close to $30. You will also see that the FINAL price is closer to $90. How did that happen you might ask?? Its the damage Waver program that Hertz has along with scattered taxes and fees. Read for yourself below!!

Rate Details

  • 1 weekend day at 30.68 USD
    30.68 USD
  • Airport concession fee recovery
    6.80 USD
  • Customer Facility Charge
    8.00 USD
  • State Rental Surcharge
    2.00 USD
  • Loss Damage Waiver
    28.99 USD
  • ENERGY SURCHARGE
    1.49 USD

Included

  • Unlimited Free Miles Included
  • Vehicle Subtotal
    48.97 USD

Extras

  • Protect the Car - Loss Damage Waiver More Details
    28.99 USD
  • Extras Subtotal
    28.99 USD


  • Taxes
    9.12 USD
  • Total Approximate Charge
    87.08 USD


The report from 3000 miles came in and I did okay in the rankings. I am very much relieved. I'm going
I Stayed Put in Philly Instead :)
to go crash and then tomorrow pay some bills and go to a meeting in the morning. I hope to get my "Sunday Fun Day T-shirts I ordered!! :)

2 comments:

Betsy Caffrey said...

Hey Mark ...

I wasn't aware that you were a blogger. I VERY much enjoyed reading this piece and found the photos / video clip to be such an enhancement. It made it come to life ... which is perfect for a piece all about 'life' ...and, between that and the text I felt like I was joining you on your day's adventure; which, as you pointed out, does not have to be a costly venture!

I'm sure that there is an option to 'subscribe', but my weary, aging, 'need to get new glasses' eyes weren't able to detect (as of yet). I would like to read some of your previously posted pieces and look forward to what you might have to share in the future.

Thanks for sharing this with me!
Betsy

Unknown said...

Dear Betsy.
Thank you so much for your kind words!!