Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 11: Travel Day from Michigan

I am traipsing the Main Drag. No Starbucks
I woke up late this morning and got a quick coffee and breakfast.
At the Fireman Sub Shop
I used the public
The Motel
computer to update my blog with some success. Checked out of the Motel 8 then walked down the main drag to a place called firehouse hoagies and got myself a vegetarian hoagie which I have not been able to eat yet. This is because I was busy catching the local transit bus
9/11 Memorial at Central Michigan University!!
and then the Indian Trails bus.There is no bus station or stop it just stops in the student center at Central Michigan University or CMU.When the bus arrived to pick me up, the bus driver needed to see the other tickets. He stated I stay on this particular bus till I get  to Flint. i was told I go from Flint to Detroit. On the way here to Michigan I did not stop in Flint I just went straight from Lansing to Detroit. Needless to say I'm a little
Bunny on the bus to Detroit
confused.
The Fireman's Sub Shop.
Well when we arrived in Lansing the driver realized  that I WAS to change buses in Lansing. He said the service to Detroit just started today. I know for fact that's not true considering I typed up the schedule wipes and just went last week.
As they say all is well that ends well.
3:01 Pm
I arrived in Detroit at 5:30 and then went to the ticket counter to see if I can get an earlier departure  than 930pm
2 Old Men
. I got good news I will be taking the 6 o'clock from Detroit and arriving in Cleveland at 9:35 where I will switch buses to leave Cleveland by 1015. The new Bus getting Cleveland will arrive in Pittsburgh around 1245. Once I am in Pittsburgh, I catch the 2 AM bus from Pittsburgh to Philly.
I should be in Philadelphia by 9 o'clock according to an 7 hour bike ride from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia overnight.
Detroit 5:34 Pm
It's good to do a red-eye! Apparently the bus driver's taking his sweet time because it's now 6:12 and we are just LEAVING!' departure time was 6:00. 
Its 7:12 abd we are in Taledo Oh. Its a 15 min stop. Time for a snack!!
But this juncture we are about to pull in Cleveland and I have to get off the bus and get on a bus to Pittsburgh.
Toledo Oh 7:11Pm
I'm in Cleveland bus depot having a $ 8 dollar cheesesteak. Next I leave here at 10:15 arriving Pittsburgh at 12:45 and then I have an hour and a half layover in Pittsburgh and leave  for Philly at 2 AM. It was nice that the bus was not crowded. the bus was quiet and it was  very smooth
Getting ready to eat
trip from Detroit to Cleveland.  Well we got on the bus and the driver made the normal announcements  but he was a showoff. He overreacted when some dude said "Lets Roll". The driver seemed to threaten to throw the dude off the bus. In other words this driver acted like a BMOC. I was pretty tired on this stage of the trip. I suppose that because I ate a
9:31 Cleveland
so-called Philly cheesesteak. It was not that bad but it did not look or taste like a real Philly Cheesesteak. It also needed hot sauce to give it more flavor. 

No comments: