Sunday, September 08, 2013

Day 2: Wheatland music Festival 9-7-13

At Night
Hey today we drove up here at about 1:30 PM. I started off by having a mocha and actually sitting and listening to the
Main Stage
music today. It's quite festive and enjoyable.
Well I ended up more watching bands and performers today. Did a lot of recording and then putting on YouTube.
Add caption
I met a woman Kelly who recognize me and charge my phone and we hung out and talk till she went to bed. I then
Fun for All
recorded some guys just jamming away that was cool. ,This is Don Henry and Sally Barris. They were wonderful!
Don Henry and Sally Barris
Relaxing on the Hammock
 It rained early in the morning and stopped. We then had 1 or 2 spotty rains after that. It turned out to be a very nice evening.Here is Reverend Payton and The Big Damned Band. I
Dancing near Main Stag
was on a hammock!
 One of my favorite parts of this festival was a late night jamming people did late night. This was really, really cool!   I Ended up missing the Cajun dancing since it ended around 1 am. Here is the tune "Autumn Leaves" done late at night and a perennial favorite "Wagon Wheel".  Lets not forget I got to hear "Walk Like an Egyptian" of Bangles fame. It was pretty fun! I decided not to stay up all night on the festival grounds. I met Betsey at the entrance
A Volunteer at Main Stage
and we headed home. That was a good decision since I would not be wiped out all day Sunday. It was a very groovy time! I shall return! Never done three days of any festival before and I know what I've missed Sunday, September 8 is the last day and
Vendors Galore
it ends at 7 PM.
Frankly. I think my favorite performers were Don Henry and Sally Barris! I think you will enjoy!! I made a whole bunch of videos on YouTube so I could keep videos and get them off my phone.
Late Night Jammin
I did find out they do have places to stick your charger and it's hodgepodge but it works!
Maybe I will be able to hit the upper Peninsula before I leave!! I will find away My
I went to her truck to charge my phone
mom visited Mackinac Island so she would be thrilled to see that I went!!




No comments: