Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Friday September 6th: Wheatland Music Festival

Well Hello all you seekers. This is Mark reporting from Remus the heart of Central Michigan (I made that up). I
went to  the Wheatland Library to get access to the Internet. Downloading YouTube videos of this trip have to be done a different way since the speed of the connections in this library
Towns East and West of Remus
is WAY slow. I will  have to save it to a key drive and then stick it to a USB drive in the computer at the Library. I am thinking the desktop computers HAVE to be faster then the WIFI.
Remus Michigan
I am in Central Michigan now till next Weds. I am going to the Wheatland Music Festival which is 5 miles from here. I am in Remus Michigan.  Here is more about my time in Michigan thus far. I will be reporting on the festival. My friend Betsey is going to volunteer from 3:00 to 7:30 today. I need to beat it out of this library.
As soon as I got back to Betsy's from the library, we had to make a hasty exit
It has the slowest WIFI ever witnessed by this seeker of the unusual and fun.
towards the Festival. We both drove our bikes 5 miles from our house to the festival grounds but not before my bike pedal had fallen off.
Fun People!

Bike Pedal Fell off on the Way!
Betsey got that fixed and we were only 15 minutes late for the shift that she did for volunteering. I was very
Wheatland Symbol.
Thursday I had four drinks before I ate a walking taco. Walking tacos taco put into a Frito Lay bag so you can walk around with it and just eat.
Betsy went to her shift and I decided to walk around and get drinks and keep from getting really hot. There are tons of campsites with
Had a nice chat.
bearing
Taco in a Bag. "Walking Taco"
amounts of designs. I learned something to say to strangers: "HAPPY
Betsey Volunteered Here
WHEATLAND!" Their vendors that serve up coffee and I'll kinds of
drink and half decent food. The commercial vendors to that cell four quark clothing tie-dyed and the like. They did not have
the T-shirts available today will not be on sale till tomorrow. Saturday. Betsy
Jammin
did give me one of her volunteer T-shirts which are  bright red. I went to all the campsites her is many of them as I could in a 2 time span. And that's a pretty nice people in some pretty fun people as well.There was one woman in cowboy hat dancing pretty
Good Times in Michigan
suggestively that I happened upon. Her friend was pretty adamant about not getting a picture taken. Folks invited me to sit at their campsites and hang
Folks I met.
out. They liked my grumpy cat  t-shirt!!! 
It was a good thing I brought my charger because my phone just hung in there. We rode  back in the dark and got home around 11pm. We watched Alfred Hitchcock like we've been doing each night. I'm returning to the festival tomorrow at 1:30. It was a fun adventure. Here is a video review of my first experiences at the 2013 Wheatland Music Festival. I am what they call a "Wheatee" a first timer to this festival which is 40 year old this year.

No comments: