Friday, December 02, 2016

Thursday, December 1: Da Vinci Opening & Work

 I got up and decided that I would clean up the kitchen again since it was such a mess. I just cleaned  the dishes and had breakfast and next thing you know it it was 831 by the time I got my coffee. The bus wasn't going to show up so I took a cab. Him not having GPS  made it so he just ran into a detour then we went down North Broad and we got held up.the   At that point, decided to get out of the cab pay them. I was near PAFA At North Broad Street and when I turn down 15th and I've been blocked off a block from City Hall because when what someone told me there 
were protesters walking around City Hall.  Someone from the program told me that. Parrulli I'm gonna get  to work close to 9:30 AM  so I'll just have to eat it because you can't fake coming in a half hour late. It's a really bright   eautiful day out here enjoy it. It's now 1:46 PM the temperature has dropped and the clouds   re now sneaking in. Today was really busy. If you're busier than yesterday and I scheduled   nly about six or seven people as compared to 18 people yesterday. So it felt like I was putting out fires today. 
So I saw my folks and I'm gonna eat some lunch at this point. Hey!! I took a little break from work for a moment getting some ice tea and then I'm going straight

to the opening it starts at six. I and getting some coffee first. It's 3:51 PM looks pretty cloudy but it's not raining
 It is now 5:08 PM it's become a    little cooler but not bad. I'm going now straight to the Divinci alliance. I'm gonna get some coffee first. Hopefully I can go to the coffee coffee place called Rally to get some soothing coffee. In news outside   y bubble .  Was the deal with carrier a corporate giveaway?some think it sets a bad example. That's because companies could  hold the US government hostage for better tax deals and giveaways. Well I'm on the train hope to see folks   etween 6 and 8 PM. As you all recall,last year we were in a Pennsylvania budget stalemate.
Well  

I caught the 47 got off a little bit late. I managed to get to the rally coffee 

shop at 5:56. He was close let me into serve up some coffee. That's a relief.  

It's 6 PM and I'm just about to enter the gallery. When I first got in there wasn't that many people but proximally 6:30 PM it was fuller .  


The Tyler glass students are selling Christmas decorations are very beautiful and other people are selling  


inexpensive works as well. Pat came over which is really cool. I'm not feeling as social as I have been in other openings. I really like this exhibit there's A lot of variety in the work. There's also a lot of variety in the photographs which are a challenge to what I'd like to do. Well mostly I've wondered

around on my own taking pictures looking at them  
and looking at the art. I then decided I would meet Pat at Doobies. I walked for a while and then waited at 7th and Lombard. I waited five minutes for the route 40 bus. I made a married woman from Chicago who is a physical therapist. We were talking about the new electronic methods of their payment penalize people with no credit cards. I actually hadn't thought of that. She's 38 but she looks about 28. Anyhow she'll have kids soon. I got to Doobies and it wasn't that crowded but then I got more crowded as the night wore on. The service was slow but the waitress warmed up to us. She's one of the original quote Sigma Kids" from the early Bowie era in Philadelphia. PATRICK showed me a picture on Facebook of what you look like back in the 70s. It was FAR out! All the people there were the same age as I was in the late 80s and early 90s hanging
out in big groups etc. The jukebox was excellent. I was digging the tunes that they played there. Everything from Pet Shop Boys, David Bowie, the B-52s and Tom Jones. It was like a great big flashback to a long-ago time before people settle down had kids and moved away etc. some of us are wildly successful some of us are sober and others just disappeared. The nice thing about work duties is located is that I can catch the seven of us right across the street. That's what I did around 10:10 PM to come home. I then had some Sharon's German noodle delight since the meal a Doobies  wasn't quite enough food. I then talked on the phone for a little bit and then crash the mighty crash. It was very

No comments: