Sunday, December 25, 2016

Saturday, December 24: Christmas Eve with Larry Sharon and Mom


When I got up at 8:30 AM just as Larry called me. I had  a large bowl of cereal but I still felt a little discombobulated and disorganized. I called up Uber there is no chance in hell I would make the bus in time. I did to share a ride because it was less than four dollars as compared  to riding solo which would've cost   lmost $10. It's Christmas Eve and everything's   oing down to the wire at this point. 🎄 
I bribe the same time is Larry at old city coffee got a banana, fresh squeezed  

orange juice, and a large coffee. It was very rainy this morning when I got up. Right now it's 10:24 AM And the rain has apparently stopped which is a good thing. 
 
The meeting was nice and sparsely attended. My plan now is give Larry's Christmas presents, catch the EL to 40th, do ZipCar & next I will pick up laundry, go home and  gather laundry. Then I will go back to West Philly & drop off laundry. Hopefully I can pack an extra   set of clothes for tomorrow and catch the EL to 69th St. in time to catch the media trolley which leaves 69th St. @ 2:30 PM. Well the busy part   of my day starts now till about 2 o'clock. It's now 12:20 PM and I'm waiting for the train at 2nd and Market
  Street to take me to 40th St. from 40th St. I hope to find a ZipCar nearby, pick up   my laundry and go back home and drop that laundry off. Well on   he way to doing that simple chore I realized I had the wrap presents and get them  altogether. I wasn't able to leave my house till after 1:45 PM. I try to extend the length   f my car rental but somebody else is renting it from 2 o'clock.   'm right now on 32nd and Hamilton and it's now to book 2 PM. I expect to be getting a scary call saying that  I'm late. Well I didn't get a scary message because I couldn't get the car to sign out so I called Enterprise Car Share and they may excuse me for my 15 minute late because I had trouble.    didn't do it on purpose but hopefully he'll end up OK. I didn't see anybody  waiting for the car which was a relief.
The Media trolley scheduled for 3 o'clock left on time and the skies have really cleared up. I really like


taking this train could nice and leisurely and relaxed. The seats are also soft and comfortable 
 

and I some time to get some really nice views outside my window. Also took a video of the train ride from the back of the trolley. By the time I arrived at Providence Road I had to answer the call to mother nature. Thank God there's a Starbucks right nearby open. I was going to get myself a decaf but the line was too long and I'm already running behind. OK it is now 3:48 PM and I'm just entering Hollyhouse parking lot. Well I came in pretty tired from all the running around. I then was treated to ice tea chips and yogurt. We watched Green Bay beat Minnesota pretty handily and Miami won in overtime 3431 against Buffalo Miami will be in the playoffs if Denver loses. Buffalo is out. We left the condo around 5 PM and arrived at Dave's house. They already had their table set and they're spread set. Watched a little bit of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers;game. The rapist quarterback and his team lost so the Giants are in the playoffs. After that we have dinner. We had a delicious turkey breast potatoes peas cooked in mushrooms and carrots. Peas and carrots and tasted that good in a long time in my book.

No comments: