Monday, December 26, 2016

Monday, December 26: On the Road to Sault Ste. Marie via Michigan

 Well I got up in time and skip breakfast and went straight to the Ryebread. I also made  my bed and my room looks is needed since looked in several months. While Ryebread I got a coffee into a meal cookies to get me to my next stop. I called Uber   ince I had 4 bags to carry. The drive went pretty smoothly it rained a little bit near Camphill Pennsylvania and it's been overcast  
 Western PA style for the last 120 miles. Yep this overcast cloudy stuff brings you back to college when I went to school at IUP. I was running  low on gas so I stopped at the midway toll plaza. It's somewhere  between Bedford and Somerset Pennsylvania.
I got bit of an upset message Mo from my contact up there in Sault Sainte Marie I didn't tell her when I was leaving. Other than that I just got some water and I'm using the Wi-Fi to start this blog post. So I'm on the road at about 11:20 AM
 

here's a video of what it looks like here. Overcast and really packed with people coming home from Christmas.
it's 4:02 PM and I am about 15 miles from Toledo and about the same from interstate 75. This is when  I start going north for the next six hours . well I stopped at one rest stop in Ohio for a quick bit. Earlier in Western PA we had very   ntense fog and then about 10 minutes later it was  beautiful sunshine. You can see the two pictures taken right next to each other That was the only   unshine I really got to see! Actually there was sunshine close to Cleveland. T hen 75 miles from Toledo started getting a lot more cloudy. Now it's a torrential downpour.   here's a good time to take a break because this is the nastiest whether I've run into since I got on the ride.  I'll have to look at the map and see how long this is going to last.  My goal is to simply get there  by 10 o'clock. I basely beat the spread by about 25 minutes then I   aste it when I take a break. It's good to be able to go 80 miles an hour most of the trip. 
 ut that's not going to be the case with this pouring rain.  Temperatures been averaging above 60°. Been ranging from 62 to 65°. It's now 4:23 PM. I took a little bit 
 onger break but no food yet. It is pretty damn rainy out there. Well the rain did slow down and then came down big time near Toledo  @  interstate 80. It did slow down once I got to route 23. By the time I hit interstate  75  the rain was ending. That is a good thing because it was very stressful drive   through the rain and it slowed me down a lot. 75 was pretty nice because I could drive 80 miles an hour no problem. The make up   ime beca use I did take bathroom and gas breaks. Well I ended up heading in and crossing the Mackinac Bridge  at 20 miles an hour. I was worried I have to stay at a Motel 6 in Michigan but alas   nstead of spending money on a hotel and spend money on food yeah. Well April and I am  mellowed out and I ate some popcorn. We watched some young women comedians that told lots of sex jokes and I feel too old or you can watch it. It was kind of bizarre. Finally went to bed at 1:30 it was a good trip

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my comment wasn't an upset. My comment was that I got a ton of messages before the trip but none to say hey I've left or on my way. I wasn't upset...just thought it was strange Mark!