Sunday, December 18, 2016

Saturday, December 17: A trip to Pitman and a Christmas Party in the Rain and Sleet

 Well I woke up to freezing rain outside. I decided I would go to the men's meeting since  I haven't gone in a while and I've been getting reminders to donate toys for less  fortunate kids. I then while I was waiting for the bus read a article about Michelle Obama.She said that Americus going to miss having a grown-up in the White House. The   frigid weather went away but we had sleet freezing rain now it's raining. It's miserable.  I rather have  the snow than this wet slop!! I went to a men's meeting   arly this morning and I'm going to another meeting my first time meeting my friend for coffee. 
I hope you're doing well and you have a nice day. It's got to be the most miserable day  

and overall in a while weatherwise. It's now 10:02 AM and I'm about to meet Larry at the old city coffee before the 10:30 AM. For the meeting that's decent and afterwords I walked with Larry out towards his place and cut the EL at second Street. I didn't get off at 8th street and got to the PATCO station. I'm waiting for the PATCO.   I am really hoping it's on time. It's due to arrive at 12:13 PM. The bus I want to catch it's supposed to be at 8th and market at 12:03. I'm hoping to beat the bus to Camden.If I don't, I will be 24 minutes late for my get-together. It would be like old times spending a lot of time in the Camden bus station called the Walter rand transportation  

center. Well I did beat the bus with about three minutes to spare. There was no clerk at the ticket booth so I thought it with the the transit machine. In the bus came right on time  


at 12:24 PM!!! 😀 I got the Pitman around 1:30 PM. I then realized that I had to buy a dollar gift as part of the get-together. I went  

to a place called the pie burger café. And I told him I was with Frankie's 

lunch group. That and guide me to a thrift store where they had to Christmas glasses actually coffee mugs they are. They were very inexpensive and the two older ladies were very nice and wrap them up for me. I then bought wrapping paper so I can wrap the gifts up before everybody comes in. I read the paper up and everyone showed up around 2:17 PM. I just heard from Sharon in her first customer blew her off and she's not feeling so great unfortunately. It is now 2:39 PM my bus coming back arrives in the area at 3:50 PM. This means I plenty of time to hang out and eat my food. I wouldn't mind early since I was here a little bit early. The dinner I had was red curry with tofu. It was very good and very filling. It was in a small bowl but it still was extremely filling. We had a nice time hanging out and shot the shit catching up with each other. Restaurant earth surface Asian food and American food like burgers.  

It was 3:45 PM and it was time to leave and catch the 412 bus back to Camden I had to head out to Camden. Boy was that bus the slow boat to China. There was some welfare wakka going on The bus with loud people and stuff like that. I was pretty drowsy so I  

just dozed off a little bit. I eventually got home and was pretty tired from traipsing around in the cold and rain all day. Both Sharon and I for feeling pretty tired and not really ready to go to anybody's party. We both ended up napping until about 9 PM. I then took a shower and Sharon got her self fixed up. We then went to Jean & Daryl's Christmas party. It was really packed and  
They had quite a spread that's for sure. I talked to a few people there were yuppies and people from the dog walking in from 2601 there. Very well mannered on the most part and well groomed. 2 dudes had Festivus T-shirts and one person dressed up as Santa Claus. I took some random pictures at the party and Sharon liked them. Hopefully she'll post on the home on the Facebook. We then got home and Sharon crashed. Overall it was a really fun and interesting day. I was feeling adventurous and healthy today. I think that's what got me through the mushy rain etc. I was mentally in a good space and that supersedes what goes on outside that's for sure. Well after 

 

Sharon went to bed but I played on YouTube and I watched videos of the flyers done the Stanley Cup years. I also watched highlights from various football games. So I can watch football and not take  

up a lot of time. I really like the highlights they just showed like the good plays and the  
boneheaded plays and no other bullshit 

like the commercials. Check the guy looks like a total underhanded criminal and check the caption out there on a witchhunt for people who believe in climate science.  

The three men in the green jackets were the guys who announce the game six Stanley Cup final on May 19, 1974.

No comments: