Monday, April 07, 2014

Monday April 7th: No SEPTA Strike. Rain

 Yes, the BIG story on the Route 55 Blog is that there is no SEPTA strike! No deal for a new contract has been made as of now (8:35AM) but negotiations are continuing. This is a better result then in November 2009 when the Union TWU decided to strike at 3AM leaving commuters like me completely  stranded. That strike lasted 6 days. Boy I was bitter about
Peter
THAT move that was pulled on the public. Well, now its time to go to work. In other public sector news, the city is paying TONS of extra pension payments due to RAMPANT overtime. The city of Philadelphia has always given tons of overtime to its employees. I think the police and the
Work Lunch Room
corrections have the most overtime. I, working for the Commonwealth, NEVER get ANY overtime. Its been that way for at least 15 years. The only time we got overtime was
Add caption
that FEMA Food Stamp time when the feds gave the state disaster aid. Boy that was sweet all that overtime. It was a hot mess though.
Well I'm running about 10 minutes late to work today. I just found out my alternates out and I'm on call this morning. Signing off.
Getting Lunch for Co-Worker
It's now 12:49 PM and it's raining outside. It was very busy this morning and I'm going to walk the rain and get some supplies for lunch the grasses
Breakfast and Lunch Supplies
were successfully delivered and she liked them! I got a bunch of nice food three avocados,  bananas, 10 yogurts, orange juice, and seltzer to hold me over for the week.
I slogged though work getting hot & sweaty. I got some work done, but my desk looked a bomb had landed since I was so busy!! After
Rain After Work
work I rushed out and went to the same place to pick up 2 Hostas in a plastic bag. I let them sit outside to get nice and moist. I'll see if
Getting Some Hostas
my friend wants him because I don't have a garden it my place. 
Being had dinner ready for me it was quite satisfying and filling. Then watched one episode of Law & Order. I first took off all my work clothes I didn't have a 
Dinner
umbrella  the rain is coming down much steadier and harder now than it did during lunch.
Chestnut Street 6:20PM or So.
 I caught  the 21 bus at 6:31PM. am I was hoping to get there on time by the 6:45PM meeting. Made it to the meeting time bit late but got my commitment sheet passed around. Hopefully get them filled up as next week I go to Intergroup. Came home and watched another episode of
Taking the 21 to 6:45 Meeting
Law and Order
Law and Order. In this one,Benson discovered she has a brother from her father who was a rapist. It was an interesting episode. I thought about watching
I more episode but then I want to  talk on the phone at an earlier hour. I then will  wobble to bed.Before going to bed, I had a fun phone call. We had lots
My Kitchen Table Tonight.
of laughs and I have more plants to give. In the outside world, UConn and Kentucky played for the NCAA National Championship. I watched it live on the web for the last 8 minutes of the game. It was not a bad game at all. UConn won 60-54. Well, a shower and bed.

No comments: