Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday April 11th: Travel Day to the Roundup

Morning View
I will travel to the meeting, go to the CVS, call for a Dr apt and then pack for my trip to Cape May. Yes, I will be taking the route 315 New Jersey Transit bus via the PATCO High-Speed line later this morning around 10:30 AM.
44th and Chestnut 7:15 AM
The big news in the TV world is that Stephen Colbert will be taking over the late-night reigns from David Letterman will be retiring next year. Well, got the Dr. Camil apt set 4 Weds May 7th at 5:15. Ok, 1 down and
La Columbe
on the 42 bus towards the CVS. As I was waiting for the 21 bus, I  ran into a friend in a new PPA auto. I told him whee I was going. Maybe I will run into him this weekend in Cape May!!

 I got the 21 bus which is running very slow.
New Car
Well hard to believe, CVS hadn't even filled the prescription yet. It seems like this script  always presents a problem.
I got home for some clothes and catch the EL  to 8th street.
Took a cab from the corner of 44th and Chestnut to 30th Street to make sure I did not miss the
10:36 PATCO train to Camden. I last Pat to pick it up just like I used to do for him all the time.
Well of course it is already 10:05 AM, I got the EL 30th St. just in time to catch it so I think I'm good with the time now:)
It will be good
to just chill on the bus!!
I made It in plenty of time and actually got to charge the phone at the Walter Rand Transportation Center in Camden. Then I walk to the bus
Add caption
and as I sat on the bus, I realized I left my suitcase at the charging station with my computer in it. I ran back and hustled back on the bus. I chilled out for about 45 minutes. I woke up and
Millville 2nd and Pine
realized in Vineland that I lost my charging cord. Yuck! I didn't lose my plug but I managed to lose the bright blue cord that I paid a whole $  $7.00 for. So  my phone died right at 2nd & Pine in Millville at 
12:20 PM  arrived at the Royal Motel at approximately 2 PM. 
Well, I got to the Hotel easy since it was pretty close to the
The Royal Court Motel. My Home Away From Home
bus stop. I met a fellow who is also going to the round up. The bus driver was fairly grumpy and I read a book. I had no alternative but to read to chill myself out. The ride was pretty easy. I was really glad that there is a Rite Aid next door to the hotel. I was able to
get a charger to charge my phone. The problem is that I HAVE to remove the protective case to charge my phone. I was going to get a cheap cover but that ALSO did not work with the stupid FAT plug that I am using
Close to My Destination in Cape May
. I ate dinner leftovers that Dean made.
 Now I am taking the 552 bus which is $6.00. The cab company said it was $ 25.00  it will take an hour to get there when a car takes 20 minutes.
It's nice but pretty
I Made It
cool outside right now it's going on 4:30 PM. It's been a trip so far!! 
Well it's 5:30 PM I finally made it to the grand Hotel now I need to find out what's going on or not going on as the case maybe. Last bus leaves around 1:52 AM this morning. Well, I got settled in and ran into a friend and went to a meeting. He then drove me out to Wawa to get coffee with milk instead of powdered cream. I can be spoiled
First Meeting at 6

brat that way. And then I got myself some milk at the Wawa some tea and some coffee so I have my own milk to add to my coffee. Very nice night sunset was beautiful but it is
Driving to the Wawa
chilly but the official start of the Roundup will be 8 o'clock.
That meeting was way too crowded so we just sat in the another room and had delicious pizza very
comfortable. We're planning for tomorrow's 9 o'clock beach meeting for tomorrow. The ice cream social was at 9pm. From  there at 10 PM we went to the AA Dance. The music was fun and I got to charge my phone a bit more. I got a ride  back to the Royal Court in Wildwood at Midnight.
Overall, a very good day for me.
Speaker Meeting
Tom knows a lot of people here from the last stop. We got the ice cream and then went to the dance and went to the hospitality area and then I met another fellow I hadn't seen in a while and he offered me a ride home on Sunday so I'm pretty happy. Tomorrow I'm getting up early I'm going to a 9:00 AM  beach
meeting then I have a mandatory Intergroup meeting at 10:30. It's the only thing that's mandatory.  They have meetings all night long nonstop during this Roundup!!.

No comments: