Wednesday, April 09, 2014

April 8th is a Tuesday: The World in a Bubble

Waiting at 44th and Chestnut
Greetings from  West Philly where it's always Spring. This morning there were not earth-shattering news stories. I did read an column by Will Bunch that really was juvenile. He was personally upset because Rutgers Athletic Director Julie Hermann wished the Newark Star Ledger would die. Well Mr Bunch she DOES have a right to
Accident at 20th and Sansom
express her opinion and of course you have a right to take a cheap shot. Sir, just stick to political opinions and TRY to avoid the cheap shots! THAT would be great!   In other
Another Angle of Accident
news outside my bubble, a Congressman got caught by a security camera smooching with a female aide. Yes, he is a family-values Conservative. I tell you, these politicians sure get the booty!!

Off to meeting now.  I just missed a 21 but fortunately 5 minutes later another one showed up. Another cloudy morning but at least the rain stopped. While on the bus I checked out Facebook. It's a place where people can reminisce about past lives if they want. I get to see the darnedest things on that website.
Waiting for Coffee at LaColumbe


As I was walking down 20th, I just saw the results of a car crash. A taxicab and I'm not a passenger car and the taxicab crashed into a building.
Walking Towards My Office
I heard it was the part of the introduction by the speaker this morning. Work was not too
bad. I slog through a lot of paperwork and didn't do very many interviews. Had my avocados bananas and yogurt throughout the day and that was pretty filling.
Center City
Well I found out that I'm going to have to make my own arrangements to the Roundup this weekend. This should be an interesting experience and I'm. I made a commitment for May
After work I met Mike and we walked through the nice part of Center City and had a coffee.  We went to Pennsylvania hospital to visit Rob. He just had an amputation done
Quince Street Near 12th
yesterday. He was in pretty good spirits considering what he been through.  We met his Mom came over yesterday to be with her son. She 
is a very nice lady. While we were there, the Phillies got completely smothered by the Milwaukee Brewers 10 to 4 in their home opener. Yeah
it will be good if people visit him at the hospital. I'm also really glad his mother is around I think she'll be good for him.
Mike and I left a little after 8 PM. We watch three real good episode of Law and Order. 

I then spent a few hours trying to figure out my status for the Roundup this weekend. I pulled trigger and found a place in Wildwood for two nights  $170. That includes all taxes. 
I'm just glad I made a decision. Here is the breakdown of the bus route from the  Royal Court Motel to
the Grand Hotel in Cape May. Its going to be a trip for sure.

No comments: