Wednesday, November 06, 2013

My Birthday: A Nice Day Ends: Why MUST Jazz be Made So Pretentious???

Woke up at 7:15 so I missed the sunrise. Spend my first night at Pats right proceeded to work on my blog and stuff like that. I'm going to be a half hour late to work at least since the trains don't run as often 9:22 AM as they do at 7:22 AM.
This was taken at 5 PM
I think the fact that worked late yesterday will assist in my endeavors today. Plan hit the gratitude later on. it was a pretty quiet day overall. It was off year  election in Philadelphia. I just read in the  Millville City Commission race,  3 Millville firsters got in there but not Bob Tesironi. Jim Quinn got it but not Dale Finch and David Vaniman.
it was a pretty quiet day overall. Buffalo is coming up soon and I will have to deal with some issues when I do not know. I learned a new term. Its called "rabbit boiler:"  I just heard a vocal version of Dave Brubeck's "Take Five" and wow is it corny.  Its a duet with Cheryl Bentyne and Mark Winkler with each the man and the woman flirting to "take five" for each other.  I have heard this on WRTI late night for the last 2 nights. I just cringe. I cringe when Jazz lovers put the air of dreck...

" Mark Winkler meets multi-Grammy winning vocalist, Cheryl Bentyne, (member of The Manhattan Transfer) to form a dynamic duo intent on proving how cool the ‘West Coast Cool Jazz’ scene of the ‘50s still is."

They Sound like they LOOK!!!!!!!
sophistication over everything like Hersey's Syrup. Here is the write-up of this

YUCK!!!!! WOW!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!!  I WANT TO BOIL A RABBIT!!!!

No comments: