Sunday, May 06, 2018

Saturday, May 5: A Late Start on Cinco De Mayo

Good day boys and girls it’s me your roving reporter of life and weirdness on a mild Saturday in early 

 ay 2018. Yes it is Cinco De Mayo and yes people are celebrating with the normal drinking of the Mexican

 beer. I myself got up late around 10:45 AM. I then sat around the house ate breakfast and proceeded 

 o walk down Walnut Street where there was a Ritttenhouse Square street fair. It looked pretty

 cool there a lot of people around it was pretty fun considering got a missed two 21 buses I still need to get 

 o Pat’s. Well I did walk up to 20th St. and finally caught the 42 bus. This this bus took me through a guided tour through HUP and Children’s Hospital. I was feeling

 mellow so didn’t matter. I was just glad that I didn’t have to walk most of the way up. As I 
was getting close to Pats, I noticed that the landscape looks

 very very different. I took a deep breath and went holy crap Lei’s auto shop has completely 
 disappeared and been torn down to its rubble. It looks like a lunar landscape to me. It’s quite a sight to see when you haven’t 
 een around for a little while to West Philadelphia. They’re knocking down houses and building new construction all over the place now. 
 t’s like the 49er gold rush for real estate. 

 ell hung out with Pat we had a veggie platter and then had to go to meet somebody and I started doing his taxes. It was a lot harder than it 
 ad been before self-employment is much more difficult to figure out I’m glad I’m

 glad that I am a wage slave. My phone ran out of battery so I decided to take a break and go home and 

 harge my phone. I then decided to go to the 530 meeting which wasn’t nearly as packed as it usually is plus it’s a living  sober so that’s  always a good meeting to me. I heard from a couple people I haven’t heard in a while and they’re still 

 ne or two that I haven’t heard from. I then went back to pats house via SEPTA. 

 ung out with Pat and he helped me finish his taxes. He then went back to one of his jobs and I

 hung out and watch YouTube videos and then went to sleep and his futon which is a

 lot more comfortable cause he put a cover on it. It got pretty chilly

 last night probably one of the reasons I didn’t go straight back home. Oh I forgot my blood test revealed that my 

cholesterol is 271 and might try glycerides are almost 400 which is almost double what they should be so oh well there goes my loafer of ice tea drinks

No comments: