Monday, September 04, 2017

Monday, September 4: I Arrive in Philly

After a long bus ride which actuall wasn't too bad, I arrived in Philadelphia 
 round 8:45 AM. I walked out of the bus on the very sunny day today
 and discovered it was a whole bunch of people trying to get on the bus heading 
 ome on Labor Day. I've never seen this many people waiting in line for the Megabus
 before. I felt OK but I was definitely groggy better be on the bus 
 or that long. I caught the trolley to 22nd St. and after that I discovered 
 he hard truth. The Made in America festivities are still blocking 
 he parkway. So I couldn't walk up 22nd St. some strange woman walked up 
 o me at one point and said that I was horny young women and 
 irls and then she walked away that was a strange 
 oment for sure. Well eventually made it home and went upstairs to 
 y single room and crashed. As I was getting up I heard Tom walking 
 pstairs to go back to sleep. I'm not used to having someone that 
 lose to me. It's not a big deal it's just different. The point of that fascinating 
 hings about going away even for only a couple days or four
 days things feel a little bit different. And there could be a really good thing to snap me out of some kind of 
 unk that I  
ight be in. Well, since made in America with walking upset that I didn't want to take a chance so I took a uber xl and it was good. UberPool was less than 4 dollars to get from my place to Old City so I took it even if I was going to be early. I went to a 
 offee place around the block from Rotten Ralph's and got some iced coffee to wake myself up. I'm still feeling a little sleepy so that helped a little bit. She was running a little late because of the bus so I am sitting at the bar having a Coca-Cola. The upstairs is really nice it's nice and air-conditioned. It's now 1:07 PM & and I'm glancing at West Virginia playing Virginia Tech and a show called the Chew.. It's has 2 fabulous fellow
 three fabulous fellows and a funny looking African-American woman talking about food. There's enough food programs to choke somebody with that's for sure. Well she arrived and we went upstairs and I had the pierogies were a little lacking on the amount and she had eggplant which was a lot of food. We had a nice conversation and then we split and went to the Book Trader bookstore. We browsed in the world history section of the store. I didn't realize going to a bookstore could be so pleasant. Where in stroll ground looking for French festival programs but they were not to be found. We had a pleasant walk on the very very nice day. Well it's time for her to go home. She then took bus down to South Philly we both had a very nice time.  It was 5:30 PM and I decided I need to hit a meeting so I went to coffee Joe. When I want to find some soy from my ice coffee I found out they stop serving soy milk. They have almond milk and a new concoction called Oak milk. So I tried the oak milk and it was MEH! I left a strange feeling in my tummy it wasn't as smooth and watery eyes the soy milk. So this is second place that's quit serving soy milk

No comments: