Monday, November 09, 2015

November 8, 2015: NYC

Well I did manage to get up this morning on a bright sunny yet cool day here in Philadelphia. I went to the ride bread got myself breakfast provisions to get me
My Room
through. I took her to the mega bus
At  Fairmont 
stop which is near 30th St. station. Well the bus left pretty quickly and we are on the New Jersey
Add caption
Turnpike heading to New York City. I have my phone plugged in and I eat to my yogurt. I'm now texting back-and-forth I think I'm going to do with the woman nearby does and go to sleep  soon. It's
Add caption

My Bolt Bus
now 9:08 AM.Good morning Amy. We are just arriving at W. 33rd St. between 11th and 12th Ave. in
New York City. I got till 11 clock since my friend is  not going to be around till least 11 o'clock or so.
NJ Turnpike
That's OK cause there's always plenty 2 see & look  around look at while I'm waiting. Looks like the
My Destination
Bolt Bus is going to get there right on time.
I'm pretty beat and I think I have the beginnings of a toothache. So add that to my list of things that have to get done next week.
I should be back in Philly by 615 which
My NYC 
should easily get me to the meeting at 8 o'clock tonight.
It's sunny cool day out I'm gonna finish my
I was Here
coffee and chill out for minute
 well and enjoying the nice weather. The bus lets us off at Hudson yards
At Penn Station
hope everyone out there in blogger land. 
Well he met up at the Penn station
without too much fuss. We then walked the length of the Highline. She was telling me how tall been developed of the last
Cool Place
The Highline
three years. Believe me it's absolutely true. It was really cool and funky. It's become a haven for the

rich with all these new buildings being built. Our next stop is food at . And we're going to the new Whitney
Delicious
which I hear it just opened 
up in the new building. I went to
the new building and it was pretty
Chelsa Market
spectacular. Beautiful view of the skyline and the Frank Stella  retrospective. It was very well done.
New location of the Whitney is  located in the Chelsea section. Near the High Line. My friend tells me she lived
Funky Dude and His Rainbow
there there was really nothing going on in that area. But after
Funky Dude's Website
the highline was built all kinds of construction
Large Elevator at the Whitney Museum
popped up. I never seen so much construction at one time in one area of my life. Astounding!
Greetings from the Whitney
You have to see it to really believe it. How many limes pretty cool too. I had been there before but didn't really see
Frank Stella
much. That's when I saw Judith Schaechter's wo
rk in the Claire Oliver gallery which is pretty close to the Highline itself.
Hey man!
Frank Stella Retrospective
The Whitney Museum was cool. It had moved from its previous locale which frankly I don't know where it is.
Beautiful outdoor eating area and a really nice presentation. Someone said it reminded them of the
The Standard Hotel
Barnes at its new location.  After that we split a cab ride because both of us had to catch train/buses
View from the Whitney
by 415 or 430. The ride home on the ball bus was very smooth as labor relax unlike the way up which I
From the Permanent Collection
was fidgety. I think came home hung out with Sharon and talked on the phone and get myself a good night
sleep. I can tell it's been a while since I've been to New York. Not  sure I never want to live
there but it's
The Cab Home
sure nice place to visit on a nice day. And there so many bazaar in a tent site for the photographer in me. I will make it a point to visit there more often.

No comments: