Monday, March 26, 2018

Saturday, March 24: March for Our Lives in DC

Well after staying at the hospital in Baltimore I managed to set the alarm for a little 

 fter 7 AM I got up around 7 AM and proceeded to take a shower in 

 he shared bathroom in our bedroom that had bunkbeds. They were four 

 ther guys there. Everyone was  pretty quiet. I signed out of the hospital and then I 

 roceeded to take Uber rather than wait for the bus. I was not clear exactly 

 hat time I needed to be at Baltimore spent station but I want to play it safe.Well I got there in 

 lenty of time around 8 o’clock. I thought I lost my license because I didn’t put it back in my normal spot I’ve looked everywhere 

 nd finally found it buried behind another card. That was quite the relief
that was for sure. Because I bought my round-trip train tickets 

 ithout any ID and I was lucky the guy let me buy the tickets! 

 o there’s a big line to get on the train but my friend told me exactly which car

  ro catch and I found them sitting comfortably in to see. By time we got there it was standing room only 
 n the train. It was really smooth sailing. We got to the Marco h and 

 he weather has cooperated tremendously. So I followed my 
friends down to second Pennsylvania. We’re pretty close

 relatively, to the front. There are a lot of good signs and a nice mixed crowd here in Washington DC. Well the reception was poor 

 here we were at the March. My battery died when the woman who is the symbol of  

the students in the Parkland High named Emma did a 6 minute PLUS moment of


 silence. This is the before the shooting stopped. It was quite a tearjerker and 
 plenty of folks were in tears during that moment. Every single one of the 
 peakers was under the age of 18.  They were high school students or younger. They handled themselves extremely well and reception

 was pretty damn good. Then my phone died. I'm on the quiet car.  This lady chastised me for talking.  I have to whisper on my phone. I arrived 
in Baltimore @4:50 PM  and the Amtrak train left exactly at 5 o'clock so I should be in Philadelphia by 6:15 PM for Natlie’s movie night @ 6:30 PM I traded 
pictures with Eileen and Michael my brother. Also touch base with Steve Sisson so maybe next time I can  lan ahead. I was really tired so I’ve been doing is sleeping. I spent
 most of my time on the train sleeping. Being out in the sun all day definitely made me pretty damn tired. I found out later actually got sunburn from the sandwich 

 as pretty strong despite the cold weather. It’s hard to notice but it’ supposed to be  Spring right now. Well I came home at 6:15 PM from the Amtrak. I kind of panicked I couldn’t find the 

 aperwork but I did have the scanning thing so that the guy was 

 ble to run a scanner and I was cool. I was pretty tired and I definitely

 felt the sunburn by the time I got home. The sun that was really bright

 but the air is pretty cold. Anyhow, I ran into my friend at CVS when I was getting my refreshments.

 We saw “The Shape of Water.“ The film was well stylized the early 60s. Everything

 was kind of an awful beat aqua green. This is what’s the color of the

 water that this man creature lived in. The premise of the story starts with The Army 

  trying to figure out what to do with the preacher. And anyway I don’t want to 

 poil the story. It was pretty good. Natalie and her husband bought pizza and 

 hat was very delicious they also had chicken nuggets and salad. It’s fun hanging out with 

 verybody Larry Veronica etc. who’s nice relaxing time but it was time to go home 

and crash. I did talk on the phone and then just passed out and fell asleep. Quite a busy day today.

No comments: