Sunday, March 11, 2018

Saturday, March 10: A Long Kind of Day

Good day ladies and gentlemen this is Mark speaking to my phone on Saturday,  March 10. It was this day six years ago I had my last drink. In fact it was on a Saturday and it was March 10, 2012. Anyhow a lot is changed and somethings

 haven’t as well. Anyhow a retrospective is not the point here. Well after 

 aking up in the middle the night and having early early breakfast I got up to the phone call of a penpal that I met on 

 Facebook and wrote to last year. And then I also wrote to this person in 2016. She called and her 


 and her daughter were in town so I met up with her. She’s very nice has a very thick accent and we met at Saxbys 

 nd we had a nice time. Talking about last minute and spontaneous 

 tuff I was digging it. She did call early and I just wasn’t really up for getting up at that moment but I’m glad the person called. She lives 

in upstate New York in a town called Hunter New York. They got 

 8 inches of snow up there. Well her grandson is a member of the Philadelphia boys choir and they have rehearsals. 

 o she came down to see your daughter lives in Marlton New Jersey. It was interesting 

 ow the kids parents on loud to go with them not allowed to get phone calls or texts from the parents. I was told because some 

  of the kids are as young as seven and eight years old when they join the Philadelphia 

 oys choir. Very interesting I must say. Well after that I didn’t know what to do with myself so I 

 ust slowly wobbled home and started feeling tired again. Instead of 


 going straight home I just took a lot of photographs as I was 

 inding through Center City. It was a lovely day, a bit cold, but a nice day for taking 

 hotos so that’s what I did. I find it brings me a lot of contentment and peace 

 henever things don’t. Well I went by myself with Larry and Veronica to South 3rd

 and South to see a remake of plan nine from outer space. Is one of those 

 eally “bad horror sci-fi things. DMC guy or the introduction dude was 

 retty cool actually. It was enjoyable. I then went home talked and crashed.

 I had a feeling I was going to need to sleep for tomorrow my anniversary

 day my wedding anniversary day and a day that will be remembered on its own.

No comments: