Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Sunday, June 12: A Change of Plans. A Walk Along Kelly Drive and Little Pete's

Staying up late last night, I had cited to set my alarm for 11 o'clock and then get ready to go to Buffalo
View From Uber
 at noon. Well, I got a call from a friend at approximately 8:30 AM this morning. We caught up a little bit
OCF Coffee
about her trip to Maryland and Virginia. Also we talked about her going to a meeting around 11.
Going to 30th Street
We then decided to take a walk instead. Our mutual idea was a walk up Kelly drive. We made
With Uber
arrangements. She would drive to 30th St. and wait for me there. I ordered a coffee and our
Add caption
lunches at the OCF coffee house and called Uber at the same time. That was a bit and for me juggling Uber
Walking Along Kelly Drive
and waiting for the food. I was going to do UberPool but just that the guy was supposedly arriving he
Along the River
disappeared off my map. Uber got me to 30th St about two minutes late because of the bad traffic on market
Nice Day
Street near 30th. Well she was waiting in a red Honda. He was pleased with the lunches and we set out
Along Kelly Drive!!
for a parking spot to Kelly drive. He found a spot pretty quickly which is very fortunate. Well about
General Grant on Kelly Drive
my trip to Buffalo, I have minute tempting to figure out
 figure out about how I'm going to get there and
Some Dude Folks Liked
how long I'm going to stay etc. for the last 2 weeks or so. I just decided it would spend a beautiful
Near Falls Bridge
warm day not with a friend I haven't seen too much of. I knew I would have fun outdoors with a friend.
Loving the Sun
It was fun. We walked up Kelly Drive for approximately 4 miles each way so it was a total of 8 miles
Getting Some Air!
according to her phone program. We walked up to the Strawberry Mansion Bridge and we took a
Some Shade
short rest. We next turnaround & walked back. It was a lovely day to take pictures of Kelly Drive
Along the Schuykill
and theSchuykill  River. They were both looking really nice. We also got to talk and hang out as well.
It Was a Nice Day
We came back. I was really thirsty so I headed to the café that was right there. I decided to buy a 
Add caption
Gatorade, mango iced tea, and a bottle water to drink since I was so thirsty. I hadn't taken any
Philly Skyline
water before the walk up Kelly Drive, so by the time I got back I was really parched. After I had
Sign of the Times
my refreshments, I met her at the fountain right near the art museum. Both of their feet for a
Unseen Mural
while and cooled off the phone with pretty strong today and it wasn't a cloud in the sky. But at this
Another View
point she needed to go and I think I needed a rest. So she nightly drove me back to my place
At Little Pete's
and call where I live. She thought I lived in University City. When she drop me off I ran into Sharon she
Largest MASS SHOOTING
was cleaning her back porch and maintaining the house. I thought I just run up and take a nap but I'm too wired nap at all. I hung out with Sharon and we talked and lick my face. You know good old home life.
Large Salad

We did eventually go to Little Pete and have a bite to eat. I had earlier I had some leftover pasta
Guns and MORE Guns
pretty hungry around 5 o'clock. Well, Little Pete's was really nice because there is a bunch of trees
Add caption
and shade and a nice breeze. I had a large salad and Sharon had a huge meal I don't know what it
Cute Dog
was though. We hung up for a while and then we headed back to the house. After we chilled out and
Good Bye
hung out at the house for a bit, got a good check out the back porch that was very relaxing.
Going to 30th Street
In between then I kept trying to take a little nap and it just wasn't working. 730 rolled around real quick
Heading to 30th Street
so I went and cut the Rent-A-Car at 30th St. station. I got there with about 5 to 10 minutes spare. I have
Getting Rental Car
to be there by 8 PM since the rental car place was closing at 30th St. I got the car from the underground
View from Rental Car
and headed home. I haven't talk to Sharon some more and send her some more pictures from today
25th and Kelly Drive
and from days of latter-day yore. It's now 10:45 PM I really need to get the bed soon. I got to get up by
Looking for Parking
around 430 or five and get the hell out of here so I don't Kathy Monday morning rush-hour. That would
Demolition as Art
really suck if I got caught in some rush-hour stuff and be up that early.
It was a really fun day.
Cleaned Out
I don't like yesterday just came up out of nowhere and it ended up being very fun with two different people
Our Back Yard
that I haven't really hung out with much. I got to hang out with Sharon a lot today so that was an added bonus. Now it's time to get ready to go to bed I'll have to finish up the blog sometime tomorrow if I have any time between the time I get the Buffalo and the testing in 40 or he good nigh

No comments: