Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday, February 16: Errands and Such


Coldest Temp This Year!
Well good morning everyone. When I first thought of getting up it was 3° outside it is now 8° outside as of 9:15 AM
N. 24th Street at 9:10am
I'm gonna be catching the bus directly towards my dentist office of Coleman and Turner
Route to Colrman & Turner
. I am hoping I'll remember to contact Sharon and and get her an appointment. First off I I waited and 24th St. and caught the bus and
Catching the 9:16 48 Bus
 got breakfast at the elixir café right now and just warming up for my 10:00 AM appointment with the dentist. And I have a croissant and a coffee to start my day off.
View from 16th & Market
Waiting at the dentist office, read this article that was published in the Tribune Review which is some
Elixir Cafe
paper in Western PA. The article states that 240 state employees live in other states.
Yes I got to hear Elton John's Philadelphia freedom. It was the most overplayed song in 1976. Billy Jean King played tennis team called the Philadelphia Freedoms in a league called World Team Tennis. This was all
The Happy Fish @ Dentist 
A Lonely Pair
 completely 70's cheese.  This is affected me and my perceptions. Its what developed my sense of humor . I have an ADVERSE reaction to B.S and cheesy things and people. Well, getting the runaround from the physical therapy
View from 7th Floor
providers. The 1st one called Excel made me wait 35 minutes to call Aetna and They don't accept my
Snow Tonite
HMO plan. I then called called the only physical therapy provider my HMO will cover and I was on the

phone for 20 minutes scheduling an appointment. My appointment is February 27th @ 7:15 AM.
34th and Walnut

At least I don't have to leave in the middle of work. I next took the 21 Bus to the Perelman Center and  
X-Ray on Left Ankle
after walking a long way inside the labyrinth that is HUP.  I did get 2 a x-rays completed It's now
Warming Up
12:38 PM is now a balmy 12°. Temperature has gone up 9° since this morning. I then attempted
Waiting for the 21 Bus
to call my doctor's office to make sure all the paperwork was set. I was not too sure so I just took the
View from HUP Bridge
bus up to 4623 Spruce to the University City Family Medicine. I got the paperwork I needed. I was told that I should get my results on my ankle by the end of the the week. I am now at
"Stepdad Love Money."
the Greenline café at the corner of 45th and Locust. I came here primarily to get my phone charged.
Meanwhile in Southern Calf.
I am then I'm going to go to the couple beach and charge my phone at Pats and get something  
Blagging in West Philly
to eat. I just heard a great term that should be a name of a blog or a band "Stepdad Love Money."

It might be what hipsters talk about because the Paris stuff that serve me use that term with her hipster dude
Bummer
with her. Well I got my Indian and caught the bus. I was going to plan to rent a car and get food at Trader Joe's. When I walk by Prater Trader Joe's and they're closed doodle pipe water 
leak. So now I'm eating some
The Many Loves of Dobie Gray
Indian and watching the many loves of Dobie Gray. And Sharon is finishing up work. I am watching the local news. They are of course hyping the incoming snow. I am also reading an article that how the media is infatuated with itself.  It was critical of how MUCH the media covered the deaths of Bob Simon
4:50pm Looking South on 24th
and David Carr. Frankly I NEVER heard of David Carr and I am sure I am NOT alone. As the article states
4:50 pm Looking North on 24th
its stupid "Naval Gazing." Speaking of navel gazing, check out the pictures of the aftermath of a fire
Temp as of 4:55pm
at 52nd and Locust.
It's almost 5 I'm going to start heading out. It's looking pretty
gray a4:53 PM with the temperature being 18°. It's now 5:40 PM I'm ready to go to Saxbys and sip of
Going from Market to Walnut
my coffee before the 645 Monday night beginners. In light of the snow in the frigid weather I found this
Saxbys
link to help fight the winter blues.  
After getting off the 48 I got a quick lift up 19th street.
And I am at saxby's and it's a little more festive
6pm Snow is Creeping up From the South
in here than in lock alarm factor playing Bob Marley Bob Marley's one love and their harping over the lead
A Meteorologist???
3 to 6 inches we make it here by tomorrow afternoon. I was killing time at Saxby's and came upon this article. It was written in 2006, 10 years
6:30 Outside Saxby's
after welfare reform was signed into law by President Clinton. I hope there is another article next year in
Blogging at Saxby's
2016. Next year it will be 20 years since welfare reform was signed into law. Well snow hasn't started yet here and 6:33 PM time to charge up the phone and head over. Well the Monday night was canceled. I'm getting a ride down Washington Ave toward the South Philly group that starts
Not Sure What this IS!!
at  7:30 p.m. A group called Sublime was http://sublimelbc.com 
playing and now dude was singing a DMX song. I've entered
 a new universe. Been at the S. Philly Pl. only once before. And that was to meet some guys to go bowling.
Cake
Well that was pretty nice actually. They had a cake for someone in there were two speakers and they're
Home Via Route 7

both very compelling. I then looked up the map Google maps and found that the seven bus takes me from Front and Morris Street all the way back to Fairmount. Google maps
Waiting at Front and Morris Sts
counts 80 stops between where I am and where I want to be.well I
Add caption
got home and immediately went to the AM. PM.Mini Mart
Last Stop on the Route 7
got a few things for Sharon and myself. I then went upstairs to eat and check out some things on the
At My Desk for the Evening
web. It's now time to go to bed very soon it's going to snow and I have to go back to work. Meanwhile
Meanwhile in West Philly
back in West Philly Patrick has been building airplanes

No comments: