Monday, February 09, 2015

Sunday, February 8: Back to Philly Hiking and Indian!!

At Gwynne's 7am
Well after taking pictures of people playing cards I went to bed last night.  I got  up at 7 AM and Bob
Reisterstown MD
was ready for me. We both had cereal and then left Gwynne's house approximately 7:30 AM this
Cheap Gas in Maryland
morning.there was no need for GPS since Bob knew the shortcut without paying any of the tolls
Connawengo Dam
on I-95. This was a more direct way to his house in King of Prussia.. I got to King of Prussia @ 10 AM. I
had to find a gas station to fill up the tank so I would have to pay 950 a gallon. That was more of a pain
I-76 Near the Blue Route
in the ass than expected. II did get to the airport & dropped off the car about five minutes late. I'm now
John Heinz Wildlife Refuge
waiting for my friend to come pick me up. I'm going to join them in a meet up hike. She's going to pick me up
Geri and I Ready to Hike
at the car rental place am going to stop for coffee. The walk starts at Tinicum which is really close to
Along the Hike
to the dollar Rent-A-Car at terminal A. 
I'm now at the dollar Rent-A-Car.  My friend  is going to pick me
Part of the 9 Mile Hike
up at the rental  place and then I'm going on an 9 mile hike. She picked me up at 11:30. We are taking in
Group Leader Sydney
9 mile walk/hike through the John Heinz wildlife refuge it Tinicum. I'm gonna take pictures as much as I
John Heinz Wildlife Refuge
can because my phone DIED in the beginning of the hike. The hike itself was enjoyable since it
Nice 
wasn't very cold outside. It was beautiful scenery that reminded me much of Fortesque in South
Done with the Hike
Jersey. Things like how the marshes smell and the cattails etc. The only bummer was the fact
Eating at New Delhi
that I didn't have on the proper shoes and my ankle was in danger of being overwhelmed.
Yum!! Indian Buffet
Fortunately I didn't twist my ankle but it was close at times. Well we finished and as a group we couldn't
THIS was VERY Tasty
decide where to eat because believe it or not a lot of places were closed nearby. The weird one with
Sunset over West Philly
the dock Street was closed in West Philly. Geri and I decided we just needed to eat something. We tried
Sunset at 40th and Walnut After Dinner
this Destrito on 40th St. they were ready to start serving dinner until five and we tried the tire grill which
Pat's Corner
was closed. We did settle on Indian buffet. She wasn't in the mood originally because she had been
Ranstead Street
trading her own Indian dishes for a while now. Dinner was fun and she told me about a salon on February
Where I Buy My Lunches
22 will you pay 15 bucks and you get to see all this funky entertainment. Never been to one of those before.
Going to Saxby's
It's a word-of-mouth thing planned to do that couple weeks from now. Well after chowing down some hearty
Panorama @ the Shake Shack on 20th Street
Indian buffet, she dropped me off at pats house where I would either do with taxes or take a nap. Well I took a nap because Pat was pretty sleepy on the futon.
Add caption
The nap was half-baked but it was good to lie down and get off my feet and I guess the wonderful Indian food that I just had. Well I'm to
meet Larry and Veronica at the Saxby's at 7:15 but unless a cab come swishing by in the next five minutes I'm gonna catch the 21 now. It's four minutes late but I'm gonna catch it

No comments: