Monday, February 24, 2014

February 22: Gallery hopping


Well here are my initial impressions of my visit to the old city galleries.
The  first gallery I visited with the Roger LaPelle Gallery. Upon entering, I had a casual conversation
with Roger LaPelle   He was pleasant gentleman and he was also very elegant as well. and he has been in the old city Gallery scene since 1980.  He 
Add caption
inquired what I did for a living and it was a very pleasant conversation. He is a good man. I would love to be able to have her interview with him I asked about presenting a new artist to his gallery. Is very honest with me. he is backed up with future exhibits. After meeting him I felt pretty good 
Next I paid a visit to Gallery Joe.  The woman I met was quite snooty with me. I got the impression that it will difficult to break though. Apparently,  to get shown in these galleries you have to do a lot of schmoozing and meeting people.  I thought maybe of going up towards the Frankford section sometime and strolling those galleries. They might be less stodgy and pretentious. Then again, I don't know I've only been up there a few times. My wife got her work there up there once for a Twin Peaks themed show years ago. 
Also David Lynch is is having a rappers retrospective show at the Academy in September. I'd like to go to that!!

No comments: